Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

so HH basically reports early what is said in a media report. Blimey anyone would have thought that the media don't get told things ......... Oh hang on a minute ........ :D

Anyone would have thought that HH was ITK.

You know, by getting team selections spot on regularly, injuries before the press, the news that Benteke had signed a new contract (before it appeared on the ONLY website that broke the news (the OS)) as well as a heap of other information...

To be fair I brought you Carew, Houllier and OGS before the press even got a sniff of them, and I have never been an ITK, nor close to anyone at VP/BH.

So an observant person that is able to put together a set of circumstances and come close to the truth can appear to be much more than the ordinary person that they actually are.

Makes me wonder where he was "observing" those teamsheets from then, if being observant is all it takes.

PLAN .. ETC..

i would say under the current manager & owner this is the weakest position ..heres why

AVFC,UNDER DOUG/DOL MANAGER

1 SORENSON

2 DELANEY

3SAMUEL

4 MELLBERG

5 LAURSEN

6 BARRY

7 HENDRIE

8 MCCANN

9 ANGEL

10 BAROS

11 MILNER (LOAN)

16 BOUMA

17 WHITTINGHAM

18 HUGHES

19 RIDGEWELL

20 PHILLIPS

21 CAHILL

26 GARDNER

30 GABBY

IS THIS SQUAD BETTER THAN THE ONE TODAY???

• Like 1

wow far better than what we have now. imagine a fit Benteke upfront with Angel! Bouma at left back, Barry who if I remember was playing left centre back at the time was now in our midfield with Milner, and then Mellberg and Laursen at Centre back.

Edited by blandy

Like lambert, like his plan, optimistic for the future.

It matters not to me who posters are or aren't , I wish people would not obsess over it

Obviously you do, or he wouldn't be the best manager of the last 30 years.

and that opinion of mine seems to exercise you a bit but like I said the other day if I gave an actual shit I may be upset by the criticisms of my opinion.
  • Like 1

KEA is McCann reincarnated.

The thing that baffles me is look how we played in Lambert's first league game in charge against West Ham. A total lack of cutting edge in the final third but still managed some decent passing along the deck. Compare that to how we've played recently. I am convinced that Lambert is instructing the players to hoof it to Kozak or Benteke because he thinks that is the best way to get results with the current squad. The problem is though it isn't getting results.

Like lambert, like his plan, optimistic for the future.

It matters not to me who posters are or aren't , I wish people would not obsess over it

Obviously you do, or he wouldn't be the best manager of the last 30 years.

and that opinion of mine seems to exercise you a bit but like I said the other day if I gave an actual shit I may be upset by the criticisms of my opinion.

It doesn't exercise at me all, I just think it's the most hilariously ridiculous thing I've ever read on here, and it'll rightly haunt you for many years to come.

Ask NRC if he is the mystery midfielder to bail us out the shit!? Joking aside I was always a fan of his not the greatest footballer but a definate leader on the pitch and that is what we are sorely missing right now someone to tell these young pups what to do out there. Probably not even that old?

As for Lambert and his plan I wanted him from the beginning I doubted him this time last Christmas and I am again now but I so want him to succeed as I think the idea is the right one. Just want to see us take a decent throw in or corner and I will see the green shoots of recovery!

HH is great for this forum so whoever you are buddy keep up the good work!!

Up the Villa

To my knowledge he is not and for those that don't like him you can rest easy, for those that do, Paul Faulkner was the one that was instrumental in him going, but Houllier wanted to keep him.

I guess that Faulkner didn't want to cave in to his agent's demands. Given the way that his career went after that, it looks like he had the wrong agent.

NRC was one of those players. I never knew what he did, but I always felt we were a better team for having him in the side.

I felt he was over paid for what he did, so I can see Faulkners position, I can also see his position too. However it was clear he and MON never got on, so what we got from him was questionable, would have liked to have seen him work for Lambert.

...but hey ho

I liked NRC and felt he was badly treated. He was a 100% trier even though he wasn't the most technical, but he was prepared to bust a gut for his team mates. We could do with his dynamism right now.

PLAN .. ETC..

i would say under the current manager & owner this is the weakest position ..heres why

1 SORENSON

2 DELANEY

3SAMUEL

4 MELLBERG

5 LAURSEN

6 BARRY

7 HENDRIE

8 MCCANN

9 ANGEL

10 BAROS

11 MILNER (LOAN)

16 BOUMA

17 WHITTINGHAM

18 HUGHES

19 RIDGEWELL

20 PHILLIPS

21 CAHILL

26 GARDNER

30 GABBY

I don't think anyone would say it isn't. But the point is the wages those were paid was 3 times as much as the current squad. That unfortunately had to happen.

however the money is greater from tv 2013 to 2005,but this squad was funded by doug lets not forget,their a few diamonds in that squad,doug sold avfc to RL 20m light as doug wanted 20m invested in the team. it would be interesting to see how much the wage bill was then to now

Judging by the forums and Twitter, I'd say it is about 50/50 now between those wanting him in and out.

I disagree.

Against Swansea, around the 60th minute, some fans started to boo. Within seconds of that, a huge chant of 'Villa, Villa, Villa' drowned them out. 5-10 minutes later it happened again. A backpass to the keeper (or something equally irrelevant but somehow disgraceful) caused more boos, and again the Holte roared in their support, to cover the boos again.

That was my biggest indication, to date, that Lambert still has the majority on his side.

We were chanting, not to spur the players on, but to cover the boos and stop any loss of confidence that it could have caused to the team.

• Like 1

Judging by the forums and Twitter, I'd say it is about 50/50 now between those wanting him in and out.

I disagree.

Against Swansea, around the 60th minute, some fans started to boo. Within seconds of that, a huge chant of 'Villa, Villa, Villa' drowned them out. 5-10 minutes later it happened again. A backpass to the keeper (or something equally irrelevant but somehow disgraceful) caused more boos, and again the Holte roared in their support, to cover the boos again.

That was my biggest indication, to date, that Lambert still has the majority on his side.

We were chanting, not to spur the players on, but to cover the boos and stop any loss of confidence that it could have caused to the team.

There are many fans out there who are now questioning Lambert and if he is good for the club. The idea that people trying to drown out boo's at the match in some support for Lambert is stretching a point somewhat. There are a lot of fans at the game who try to keep support for the team (not the manager) going and probably what you saw there was an example of that.

The fact that there are even so many fans now who are voicing their views on Lambert and his failings is a worrying sign surely. I know we have seen the usual excuses trotted out on why Lambert is failing and that is subject for other threads as seemingly this is one that is just for praising HH, but to claim that fans supporting their team is in some way support for Lambert either is wrong or shows that some fans have got their priorities completely wrong re Lambert and the club in general

I disagree.

There are plenty of fans concerned at the goings on but who will never boo.... I'm one of them.

• Like 1

I disagree.

Where these the same fans who then booed the team off at full-time?

I get people's frustration, and i'm one of the ones seriously questioning whether Lambert can turn this shit barge around. However, booing during the match is pretty crap and counter productive.

Considering that the boos have only started in recent weeks and our home form has been atrocious ever since Lambert arrived, I don't see how it makes any difference..

PLAN .. ETC..

1 SORENSON

2 DELANEY

3SAMUEL

4 MELLBERG

5 LAURSEN

6 BARRY

7 HENDRIE

8 MCCANN

9 ANGEL

10 BAROS

11 MILNER (LOAN)

16 BOUMA

17 WHITTINGHAM

18 HUGHES

19 RIDGEWELL

20 PHILLIPS

21 CAHILL

26 GARDNER

30 GABBY

wow far better than what we have now. imagine a fit Benteke upfront with Angel! Bouma at left back, Barry who if I remember was playing left centre back at the time was now in our midfield with Milner, and then Mellberg and Laursen at Centre back.

Except you can't just add Benteke to that squad at a whim. The question wasn't a pick and mix one.

Milner wasn't half the player then that he is now and a large proportion of the fan base were ready to ship Barry off to Portsmouth for £3m such were the quality of his "performances". Sorensen was a calamity, consistently beaten at the near post and glued to his line. Laursen always injured, Mellberg had lost half a yard thanks to injuries too, same with Angel.

That squad was terrible. The manager was terrible. I don't go for revisionist history.

True though eh. He was **** terrible, they all were.

O'Neill worked miracles to get that rabble to finish mid table the following season. If you really want to know who I'd want in short term should Lambert not turn this around it would be him.

Not that it's realistic of course.