Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

He knew when he started posting stuff that no normal person could possibly know that people would work it out, he's not stupid. I'm not making a big deal of it and haven't sinced i worked it out just saying i hope he sticks around and whether he will or wont is not dependent on you telling everyone to be quiet.

He had to put the phone down today when inquiring about a player and his wages. Wonder who it was, at least it must have been someone half decent Edited by HeyAnty

He had to put the phone down today when inquiring about a player and his ages. Wonder who it was, at least it must have been someone half decent

It was Stephen Ireland

£25 million is affordable for a top quality striker and Benteke is on relatively low wages here, so he won't be immediately earning Toure money.

We don't have to sell him, but if HH is legit we have evidence they're looking for a big name loan to come in ... it doesn't take a huge leap of logic to consider the reason for that is that Benteke will go and will have to be replaced not only by someone good, but by someone whom the fans will enjoy supporting because he has a bit of charisma.

It doesn't make a great deal of sense us selling our best player when we could be in a relegation dogfight and it doesn't make a lot of sense for Benteke eiither as he would play second fiddle to Giroud when he has a world cup coming up. The time Benteke will leave is in the summer.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

He had to put the phone down today when inquiring about a player and his wages. Wonder who it was, at least it must have been someone half decent

Yeah promising signs at least, as he must be seriously looking at proven quality players for the wages to be that high.

(With the exception of certain circumstances like Alan Hutton obviously)

Do you honestly believe nobody will put up £25 million for him? I can believe Spurs won't this window. Why not Arsenal? It makes sense for them.

I have it on good authority that Benteke actually rejected Spurs this summer in order to stay with us.

Edited by NurembergVillan
  • Like 3

Do you think the 'big name loan' is the one that made him "fall off his chair"?
You say 'big name loan', I give you "Jan Venegoor of Hesselink"

I was hoping for Stelios Giannakopolis.

• Like 1

Do you think the 'big name loan' is the one that made him "fall off his chair"?

He didn't fall off his chair. Randy pulled it from underneath him and took it to a car boot sale.

Really, so Randy's back in town. Must be heading to the Sunderland away game.

• Like 1

Do you honestly believe nobody will put up £25 million for him? I can believe Spurs won't this window. Why not Arsenal? It makes sense for them.

I have it on good authority the Benteke actually rejected Spurs this summer in order to stay with us.

I would have rejected Spurs too. You can only get so much credit for getting an easy question right.

Arsenal? He could move and win the league. That's a harder one to reject. Even if he fails to win the league he gets a lot of goals and Champions League football.

I don't think Benteke will engineer a move but Villa could be offered a price they won't say no to.

• Like 1

I have it on good authority the Benteke actually rejected Spurs this summer in order to stay with us.

I would have rejected Spurs too. You can only get so much credit for getting an easy question right.

Arsenal? He could move and win the league. That's a harder one to reject. Even if he fails to win the league he gets a lot of goals and Champions League football.

I don't think Benteke will engineer a move but Villa could be offered a price they won't say no to.

Only because they would refuse to take Barry as part of the deal.

We don't know whether Wenger is interested. They may or may not sign a striker to boost their title chances but Wenger is stubborn and they do have a striker with 111 German caps to his name and 46 goals who has just returned from injury.