Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I happily and proudly support Lambert. I also laugh at the complete over reaction by the press and some fans.

I hope Lambert has a grin on his face in the post match interview and takes the piss as well.

We almost deserve to go down with 'fans' like you.

How is the guy who supports the manager (and clearly the team) not a fan? Fans have a right to complain, but if they don't exercise it then they're not real fans? That's a new one to me.

• Like 1

Even if Lambert does go, do you really think funds will be there to spend? Lerner will keep the manager, we are a budget team and he wants to keep it that way.

Change the record! Losing at home to a League One side is nothing to do with funding.

Answer the question, rather than creating a strawman. DK didn't even mention today's result.

• Like 1

Home form is suicidal. I think it might be the WBA that ends up being make or break. don't think he'd be sacked for a cup loss. Arsenal and Liverpool no-one will be surprised when we lose. but local rivals at home, when we haven't won at home for so long (and only twice in the league all season)...I can't see him surviving a loss there.

Even if Lambert does go, do you really think funds will be there to spend? Lerner will keep the manager, we are a budget team and he wants to keep it that way.

Change the record! Losing at home to a League One side is nothing to do with funding.

All players and wages are free. Of course.

Usual lot out. Bored of this forum now. Really, an FA Cup loss means little in the context of the season. One bad performance typified by players extremely low on confidence. On a different day could have one that game. But poor finishing and a poor start helps no team out.

Calling for the sack is a typical reactionary response. Disappointed by the result? Sure. But the hyperbole is trite and tedious.

Sorry Steve but you're on the troll here surely?

Lambert is a Championship manager on a good day and he has assembled a team that sits between League One and Championship level.

He has brought in poor players who - wait for it - perform poorly every week and, given extra money, will no doubt bring in even more poor players.

Tactically he seems inept, the players seem to lack character and the style of football REALLY is worse than under McLeish ..... in fact it is the least attractive style of football I have witnessed since my debut in 1968.

The word is OUT and if there is a second word it is NOW !!!

• Like 1

Lambert's confidence seems as shot as the players at the moment.

If he isn't backed financially this transfer window, then bringing in a new manager and not backing them financially either is only ever going to be a short term solution at best.  

• Like 1

Lambert is a Championship manager on a good day and he has assembled a team that sits between League One and Championship level.

He has brought in poor players who - wait for it - perform poorly every week and, given extra money, will no doubt bring in even more poor players.

Tactically he seems inept, the players seem to lack character and the style of football REALLY is worse than under McLeish ..... in fact it is the least attractive style of football I have witnessed since my debut in 1968.

The word is OUT and if there is a second word it is NOW !!!

The team is obviously not League One/Championship-quality, since we are 11th in the Premier League after 20 games. However, most of the players he has gotten in are what you describe, and that is the worrying thing.

Lambert's confidence seems as shot as the players at the moment.

If he isn't backed financially this transfer window, then bringing in a new manager and not backing them financially either is only ever going to be a short term solution at best.  

I agree with this, he does look like a man who is struggling.

One bad performance typified by players extremely low on confidence.

Have you been in a coma for the last 18 months?

He must have missed the spankings we suffered against Wigan, Spurs and Chelsea. Plus the piss poor cup performances against Bradford, Milwall and Sheffield United; and the recent woeful losses against Fulham, Palace and Stoke.

• Like 3

I happily and proudly support Lambert. I also laugh at the complete over reaction by the press and some fans.

I hope Lambert has a grin on his face in the post match interview and takes the piss as well.

We almost deserve to go down with 'fans' like you.

Classy!

Did we play poorly tough? Or did we play well but wastefull infront of goal?

Did we play poorly?, Did you not listen to it ?

Obviously I wouldn't have asked the question if I did would I? Jesus....

to be honest i'd have thought the answer was **** obvious. jesus indeed

we've just been knocked out the cup by a team 18th in DivisIon THREE

I'm gonna get drunk, just like the players are probably doing right now. If Lamburke ain't going to get sacked or walk, then please for the love of god Randy Lerner, give him some serious cash. Not just £1.5 million.

Lambert is a dreadful, dreadful manager.  This will become even more evident when after leaving Villa, he watches his career nosedive down the leagues, back to where he belongs.  He hasn't even got his mate Hairyhands to come and defend him now.

• Like 2