Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Just one thing for those talking up Laudrup:

Laudrup has been in Swansea as long as Lambert has been in Aston Villa. He took over a team that finishes 11 in the 2011/2012 who had a stable foundation in the playing style after Rodgers. Laudrup has the same philosophy as Rodgers, so the transition is quite smooth. As opposed to Lambert, who took over after McLeish and had to cut costs and rebuilt. 

And Laudrup has managed to get one more point than Lambert this season.

BTW, this summer Laudrup paid 12 million pounds for Bony and 5 mill for Shelvey.

Not saying I am happy with the situation, but I say we give Lambert the season to get things right. And Lerner must spend some money!!

Ohhh,  we could have bought Bony and Shelvey then, instead of Kozak Tonev and Luna. Also Lambert should have had a smooth transition too, cause at the moment he's playing the same shit McLeish did!!

but he is NOT the problem.

Lerner certainly is the problem.

but it is lambert that has bought the shit players in lambert said he wanted youth and tha westwood has played mans football cos hes played over 100 times for crewe. Lerner does not pick the tactics it is the idiotic lambert that does that he is not even a championship team manager. He never says we played awful and changes will be made he just says " cant fault the lads effort" or the clasdic we go again i say that every sunday nightbefore i go to work on a monday. Lambert has had money and wasted it on untested kids that are not upto it. Makes me sick the club settle for this utter utter digshit football who the hell would want to join this joke of a club how on earth would an international keep his place in his countries team.

BUT when the game started today I looked at the 1st 11 and the subs and actually felt sorry for him. We didn't even have one outfield defender on the bench: El Ahmadi, Helenius, Albrighton, Steer, Sylla, Bowery, Kozák

I'm sorry Mike, but who signed that lot? El Ahmadi isn't up to the PL. Helenius doesn't seem to be rated by the bloke who bought him. Sylla seems to have gone backwards. Bowery, I'm calling shenanigans on - the new Ali Dia - we'll find out in the future that Lambert was duped into buying him. Kozak has scored some goals, but I really don't think we needed him; he can't play the Benteke role which is the reason he was purchased and the money would've been better spent on a CM.

I know Lambert has wage & transfer fee restrictions, but I don't believe the money spent on that lot couldn't have been spent better.

As I said I will find it very hard to defend him, but IF it is true that he was told that he had a very limited wage budget I am not certain he could have signed much better and gambled on kids and foreign players - clearly many haven't worked out but the fact that Martinez turned us down twice must tell us something about the constraints. I don't know a lot about the average wages of premiership standard players but my sense is that Lambert didn't have any choice.

• Like 1

Laudrup has been in Swansea as long as Lambert has been in Aston Villa. He took over a team that finishes 11 in the 2011/2012 who had a stable foundation in the playing style after Rodgers. Laudrup has the same philosophy as Rodgers, so the transition is quite smooth. As opposed to Lambert, who took over after McLeish and had to cut costs and rebuilt. 

BTW, this summer Laudrup paid 12 million pounds for Bony and 5 mill for Shelvey.

Not saying I am happy with the situation, but I say we give Lambert the season to get things right. And Lerner must spend some money!!

Ohhh,  we could have bought Bony and Shelvey then, instead of Kozak Tonev and Luna. Also Lambert should have had a smooth transition too, cause at the moment he's playing the same shit McLeish did!!

Even if we use the reported figure of 7 mill for Kozak (which I believe is under 5), 2.5 for Tonev and 2 for Luna, we are 5.5 mill short to buy those two.

And how well have they done, playing in a team that has only fetched one more point than us?

Edited by DeepDish

BUT when the game started today I looked at the 1st 11 and the subs and actually felt sorry for him. We didn't even have one outfield defender on the bench: El Ahmadi, Helenius, Albrighton, Steer, Sylla, Bowery, Kozák

I'm sorry Mike, but who signed that lot? El Ahmadi isn't up to the PL. Helenius doesn't seem to be rated by the bloke who bought him. Sylla seems to have gone backwards. Bowery, I'm calling shenanigans on - the new Ali Dia - we'll find out in the future that Lambert was duped into buying him. Kozak has scored some goals, but I really don't think we needed him; he can't play the Benteke role which is the reason he was purchased and the money would've been better spent on a CM.

I know Lambert has wage & transfer fee restrictions, but I don't believe the money spent on that lot couldn't have been spent better.

As I said I will find it very hard to defend him, but IF it is true that he was told that he had a very limited wage budget I am not certain he could have signed much better and gambled on kids and foreign players - clearly many haven't worked out but the fact that Martinez turned us down twice must tell us something about the constraints. I don't know a lot about the average wages of premiership standard players but my sense is that Lambert didn't have any choice.

Incidentally I would like us to have signed Huddlestone for £2.5 million but at £30k per week his wages were too high so we probably didn't even bother having a look.

I guess its just a coincidence that we've been poor for 3 and a half years and that the browns were always poor.

Amazing how's theres always an excuse or someone else to blame over Lerner.

When we were top 8 it was Doug's fault we were shit but 4 consecutive bottom half finishes and still some look to excuse the owner of blame.

• Like 1

Even if we use the reported figure of 7 mill for Kozak (which I believe is under 5), 2.5 for Tonev and 2 for Luna, we are 5.5 mill short to buy those two.

And how well have they done, playing in a team that has only fetched one more point than us?

But I think the 40 Million spent would have covered it.

I used to love saturdays me and my mates getting the train from essex to home games it costs a fortune to travel but least we enjoy the banter how on earth can you not cry at how rubbish villa are such a awful time for us villa fans i agree we have to stick together that is why i shall not be renewing my season ticket next season its totally predictable between 20%-35% possesion and a team if gutless wimps. Id love it if a player woyld join this firum and tell us exactly what they do in training cos witever it is it hasnt work

mike as you well know I think that you are a top bloke who typically talks so much sense but i think you are wrong to remove blame from lambert. The bloke is awful, a weak manager with little of the attributes needed to take any club in villa's position forward. To see some of the quotes here about him still being a top manager are laughable but understandable because they are more about people not wanting to admit they are wrong rather than based on reality. Lerner certainly should get blame for where we are but Lambert is the key man at the moment and is consistently failing at delivering any sort of progress under the constraints lerner has set and squad lambert has built.

So reality is yes Lerner accept blame and change but certainly more so Lambert get out of ourclub, take those **** idiots who surround you also and let avfc try and survive again because at this moment Lambert is killing us

BUT we had lost Petrov. Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Hutton, Ireland were all **** - so we had to buy defenders and midfielders and attackers - our squad was in a total mess in July 2012.

• Like 1

BUT we had lost Petrov. Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Hutton, Ireland were all **** - so we had to buy defenders and midfielders and attackers - our squad was in a total mess in July 2012.

Yep, we needed to put together a full squad for that 40m. I think if he had been given 60m we'd be closer to where we need to be, 40m leaves Lambert having to look for bargains, might be's and possibles. It does not give you a premier league squad.

Howard Hodgson@HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets5m

Just had it confirmed by PF, Lambert will remain in his position for the long term. They are loathed to sack another manager. #paingoeson

Expand

Excellant news.am glad we are trying to achieve a long term goal and not just swapping managers every couple of seasons :)

And we are suppose to rely on this as ITK? Hmmmm BTW that is the son not the father.

What's your issue with the crebility then? you don't think he spoke to PF or that PF would tell him?

To answer your question I would be surprised if PF would discuss the possibility of replacing the manager with a fan wherever he sits in the ground.

HH claims to sit in the directors' box, I have no idea whether he does or even if you can. Based on what he used to tweet I would be sceptical anyway. Just my opinion of course and more than happy to be proved wrong

Harry

I don't know whether PF said this, but HH jnr does sit in the directors box and I am almost certain that a former VT ITK was fed stuff by PF so I wouldn't be at all surprised. All that said even if PF said this, so what? It is only what I would expect the CEO to say. However if he said the reverse it would be totally unprofessional.

Mike,

I have a natural scepticism of so called 'in the knows' but accept that fans/posters do occasionally hear things as I have done on occasion.

As regards HH much depends on whether PF openly volunteered the information or whether he was asked a direct question by HH. If it was the latter, which I guess it was, I would hardly expect PF to say he was going to fire Lambert or that his job was under threat so why tweet about it it, apart from the obvious reasons?

Back on topic.....

The simple fact for me and many fans who have hitherto backed Lambert is that matters are going from bad to worse and Paul Lambert is like a rabbit in the headlights of the oncoming juggernaut. I have little faith in Faulkner although he talks a good game when I have heard him speak and as for Lerner it's abundantly clear he has neither the inclination or the money, or both, to take the club forward. Given how he has been let down by successive managers I can hardly blame him although the lack of any real financial discipline sits with him.

It's a sad state of affairs that I am sitting down in Bournemouth on holiday, your neck of the woods I recall!, not caring one jot that I missed todays game and my STs have been wasted. As I said a sad state of affairs but I suspect common to many fans. That is how far we have fallen when you have no real expectation that we can beat an average side at Villa Park although we all travel in hope rather than expectation these days.

Edited by Harry

mike as you well know I think that you are a top bloke who typically talks so much sense but i think you are wrong to remove blame from lambert. The bloke is awful, a weak manager with little of the attributes needed to take any club in villa's position forward. To see some of the quotes here about him still being a top manager are laughable but understandable because they are more about people not wanting to admit they are wrong rather than based on reality. Lerner certainly should get blame for where we are but Lambert is the key man at the moment and is consistently failing at delivering any sort of progress under the constraints lerner has set and squad lambert has built.

So reality is yes Lerner accept blame and change but certainly more so Lambert get out of ourclub, take those **** idiots who surround you also and let avfc try and survive again because at this moment Lambert is killing us

In fairness I haven't said lambert is a top manager and fully accept that many of the players he has brought in haven't delivered. My main points are that given the constraints I don't think "a top manager" would have taken the job or that anyone else could have done much better. If I am honest I think lambert took on an impossible job and now needs a massive amount of luck and more importantly backing by Lerner in terms of adding experience whether through loans or full signings.

I really think any manager who agreed to Lerners terms would be in the same mess now.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

We didnt lose them (apart from maybe Petrov) lambert could'nt do anything with them, or couldnt'nt be bothered. I might have thought he would have tried to motivate them and work them into his plan if not for just a season while the building process was on going. Instead he bombed them all out dropping us in the shit causing us to have to spend the full budget on cheap dross.

Look, I agree with Drat01. even tough lerner has part to blame he is still investing more than other clubs, its just gonna take more than a McLeish mk11 to take this team forward to where we need to be. A tactical manger from abroad may have bought a different type of player which in season 2 would be showing more signs of progress. Its all out dated easy to work out football. We have been found out under Lambert and theres no plan B.

Feasible Candidates

Malky Mackay

Neil Warnock

AVB

Steve Bruce

Roberto D M

OGS

Martin Jol

....and that's stretching 'feasible' with a couple .....any of those you swap Lambo for ?

None of the above!

Painful it maybe but PL deserves more time.

Judge him in 6 months but not now.

• Like 1

Howard Hodgson@HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets5m

Just had it confirmed by PF, Lambert will remain in his position for the long term. They are loathed to sack another manager. #paingoesonExpandExcellant news.am glad we are trying to achieve a long term goal and not just swapping managers every couple of seasons :)

And we are suppose to rely on this as ITK? Hmmmm BTW that is the son not the father.

What's your issue with the crebility then? you don't think he spoke to PF or that PF would tell him?

To answer your question I would be surprised if PF would discuss the possibility of replacing the manager with a fan wherever he sits in the ground.

HH claims to sit in the directors' box, I have no idea whether he does or even if you can. Based on what he used to tweet I would be sceptical anyway. Just my opinion of course and more than happy to be proved wrong

Harry

I don't know whether PF said this, but HH jnr does sit in the directors box and I am almost certain that a former VT ITK was fed stuff by PF so I wouldn't be at all surprised. All that said even if PF said this, so what? It is only what I would expect the CEO to say. However if he said the reverse it would be totally unprofessional.

Mike,

I have a natural scepticism of so called 'in the knows' but accept that fans/posters do occasionally hear things as I have done on occasion.

As regards HH much depends on whether PF openly volunteered the information or whether he was asked a direct question by HH. If it was the latter, which I guess it was, I would hardly expect PF to say he was going to fire Lambert or that his job was under threat so why tweet about it it, apart from the obvious reasons?

Back on topic.....

The simple fact for me and many fans who have hitherto backed Lambert is that matters are going from bad to worse and Paul Lambert is like a rabbit in the headlights of the oncoming juggernaut. I have little faith in Faulkner although he talks a good game when I have heard him speak and as for Lerner it's abundantly clear he has neither the inclination or the money, or both, to take the club forward. Given how he has been let down by successive managers I can hardly blame him although the lack of any real financial discipline sits with him.

It's a sad state of affairs that I am sitting down in Bournemouth on holiday, your neck of the woods I recall!, not caring one jot that I missed todays game and my STs have been wasted. Sad state of affairs but is suspect common to many fans. That is how far we have fallen when you have no real expectation that we can beat an average side at Villa Park although we all travel in hope rather than expectation these days.

Ha ha - I wish I had stayed in Bournemouth on Thursday and today!

I actually quite like Faulkner but I think he is a CEO in name only and that Lerner pulls all the strings. As for Lambert, I actually agree that he is currently bewildered but I do wonder whether any of the other likely candidates would have done any better.

The day Lerner signed McLeish was the day I totally lost confidence in him and he has done nothing since to change my mind - quite the reverse. Sadly however I think if lambert doesn't get some experience in during January he is a dead man walking and Lerner will bring someone else in on exactly the same terms who will do no better.

• Like 1

We are an absolute embarrassment of comical proportions and Lambert is 100% to blame.

Dont blame Lerner. I cringe every time I see a post doing that. Plenty of clubs out there dont have much money and just got on with it and play better football and have far better results. It's a massive cop out and needs to be stopped. He's not mental like Vincent Tan and isnt going to backrupt us. He isnt Sheikh Mansoor or Abramovich but he is NOT the problem.

We've had it bad a few times. Atkinson's aging team plummeting towards relegation. Taylor's awful set of reject veterans in 02-03 and then McLeish's cancerous football in 11-12 but nothing is as bad as what is being served up this season.

Our possession stats are just horrendous, at home as well and getting worse.

The passing is unspeakably bad. Look at today in that second half, giving the ball away in the opposing half, constantly afraid to do anything other than 5-10 yard easy passes and still **** them up.

We have absolutely no game plan. It's this "lets see what happens and hope for the best" bollocks that we go into every game. We cant dominate possession, we cant play high tempo, the creativity is a joke and we are the most overrated counter-attacking team in the league. We dont counter-attack, we just break away and **** up good opportunities because no-one can score and no-one has any confidence or flair. Our crossing is clumsy and ineffective.

What about set-pieces? Floated, easily defendable corners and overhit free-kicks. Bacuna scoring a couple of DFK is as good as it got. Nothing improves game after game.

So what DO we have? A collection of European and lower league mis-fits, with no confidence and in no form playing to no plan. It's no surprise they look like a bunch of strangers out there.

Team selections? Tonev and Weimann, ineffective and useless every game yet keep getting played. Not giving a chance to a new striker when the others cant score. Bringing on Bowery who is a League 1 player at best who hasnt made a SINGLE contribution in over a dozen games.

Today was the final straw, the way PL clearly set up to play route 1 shite for the last 20 with Kozak up top. That was the genius way of winning a game at home where we have 23% possession. Route **** one. Absolutely unforgivable.

Paul Lambert has made us rotten to the core in every way possible. Terrible subs, terrible singings, cant repair problems, doesnt see problems, perseveres with failing systems and has not a clue how to make progress and worst of all, things are getting obviously worse.

Finally, lets look at our 5 wins this season...

Arsenal - Good performance, two penalties got us the win but a good day.

Norwich - Struggled hard to a win where they missed a pen and Guzan made several world class saves. DIdnt off anything in the second half.

Man City - Totally outplayed and were lucky as hell to score three and somehow win the game.

Cardiff - Abject display, as bad as anything before or since which was saved my a genius free-kick from Bacuna.

Soton - Totally outplayed and were lucky as hell to score three and somehow win the game.

What games other than Chelsea away have we not got the result we deserved? I cant think of any.

The only positive about this season is that we should have a shit less points that we do have. It's a miracle. The league table clearly does lie, because if there are seven worse teams than us then the Premier League is a footballing cesspit.

I say stick with Lambert but it's bloody hard to disagree with any of this!

The confidence is through the floor which isn't helping. The lack of game plan is a real concern -  the can't even put the confidence issue to the back of their minds by just trying to work towards an aim because they've got no instruction.

Sort it out Lambo.