hogso

ni no kuni

the last of us

GTA V

in that order for me, the last of us and GTA being very close, ni no kuni being way out in front

think i said it in another thread, why after 15 odd years (?) versions on about 5 different gameboys, N64, GC, Wii and i think WiiU, why isnt pokemon as polished a product as ni no kuni is? to me it just felt like the successor to it, great story, great characters, stunning visuals and played on the "collect them all" mentality that made pokemon (and GT) appeal to me in the 1st place, i think the RPG elements could be stronger (read: more confusing) and the boss battles werent always great (i stood back with olive rand picked most of them off) and when you get a dinoceros or whatever they are called you'll pretty much piss the rest of the game, i still loved it

only game I've got a platinum trophy for and in my top 5 PS3 games

• Like 1

Hate to be pedantic, but surely the thread is GOTY '13?

;)

That's...not pedantic at all. Why on earth did I say '14? :lol:

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

I heard Aliens and Omerta were both rubbish, especially Aliens, everybody on here seems to rate it though?

Well, I couldn't speak for Ash, and am not sure how serious his answer really is - but everybody most definitely does not rate it! :lol:

I've enjoyed this year, there haven't been too many good triple A releases but the overall quality was decent, some fantastic indie games.

Stuff I've really enjoyed are Rogue Legacy, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Gone Home, Tomb Raider, Papers Please, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and although I initially struggled to get through Bioshock Infinite, I restarted it, focused on it purely and boring fps play aside the story was magnificent and definitely worth a mention. 

My top 3 games this year are:

Ni No Kuni

Spelunky PC

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Bring on 2014. It's quite simply all about Dark Souls 2  :hooray:

Edited by nobler
  • Like 2

Hate to be pedantic, but surely the thread is GOTY '13?

;)

Hate to be pedantic, but XCOM Enemy Unknown was released in 2012. :P

I've not played most of the main contenders this year, but I absolutely adored GTA V.    The first hour of Bioshock Infinite was probably the best bit of an individual game though. :wub:

• Like 1

Granted I haven't yet played most games this year, but Far Cry 3 was excellent.

That was released 2012, one of the best games of this gen though IMO.

I'd probably go with GTA5, haven't played Bioshock yet

Granted I haven't yet played most games this year, but Far Cry 3 was excellent.

That was released 2012, one of the best games of this gen though IMO.

I'd probably go with GTA5, haven't played Bioshock yet

Ah, sorry.

I tend to buy games when theyve reduced to £20 odd. Then again I've only bought one game this whole year since I signed up for Ps+ in Feb.

I'll let you all know my 2013 GOTY this time next year then haha.

Â