Villa fans hijacking Ask BT's ask McLeish questions.

Villan4Life

I do feel sorry for him but he was paid to manage us and did so badly, he frustrated us with his awful decisions such as Heskey in midfield.

And yet all pundits backed him!

So let the fans have the real say here.

I enjoy the pisstaking, the comment quoted by Dodgyknees is fantastic. So much of it is just outright abuse though. Uncalled for, imo.

He's a fairly poor manager who wasn't up to the job at Villa, but he treated this club and its fans with respect which is more than I can say about some of the rocket polishers who have held the job.

Agreed.

• Like 1

I enjoy the pisstaking, the comment quoted by Dodgyknees is fantastic. So much of it is just outright abuse though. Uncalled for, imo.

He's a fairly poor manager who wasn't up to the job at Villa, but he treated this club and its fans with respect which is more than I can say about some of the rocket polishers who have held the job.

Yep, you've got a good point there.

Which to be fair, is more than he ever did.

:D

Not that I'm trying to justify personal abuse, but I don't think he treated us with as much respect as some people make out. He seemed to talk the club down in order to justify his own failings and hideous brand of football.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Not that I'm trying to justify personal abuse, but I don't think he treated us with as much respect as some people make out. He seemed to talk the club down in order to justify his own failings and hideous brand of football.

Any specific examples? I thought he put lots of the blame onto the players but can't remember him ever really putting the club down.

No need for some of the abuse but I'm sure he will see the funny side.if your in the football game you have to be prepared to get your fair share of abuse. Don't seem a bad bloke to be fair but it was always going to be a nightmare at villa. But he wernt the only one who has made villa unbearable to watch. Its all fun and games though

Yep, you've got a good point there.

Which to be fair, is more than he ever did.

:D

To be fair we did win away at Stamford Bridge under McLeish.   It's just a shame about the other 37 games. 

Any specific examples? I thought he put lots of the blame onto the players but can't remember him ever really putting the club down.

His comments after Arsenal away spring to mind.

I've actually bet Big Eck and he came across as a genuinely lovely bloke. Still, that doesn't detract from the truly awful job he did here, however you couldn't really blame him for coming to Villa given he was getting an enormous pay rise and another chance to manage in the premier league, he had to take the job really.

The real fault lay at the door of the clowns in the circus 'upstairs' though...

• Like 2

Â