Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

smetrov

Can't believe how Sunderland players surrounded the referee for a penalty appeal. There was at least 5 of them at it. When we appealed we simply raised our arms. Not a fan of how Sunderland also surrounded the referee to get Vlaar booked. Or how Clark was pushed into a Sunderland player and he is penalised.

Not great. We don't really have anyone linking up the play when we come forward down the middle. When we were really performing last season Benteke was doing that as well as getting himself into the box. He's playing more like Darren Bent today - just desperate for a goal and not getting involved elsewhere.

I don't think the performance is as bad as it might look but we need to get some focus again - and possibly change the formation (though I wouldn't do this straight away).

Delph looks rusty and we're poor at full back, but Weimann, Westwood and El Ahmadi are having decent games. I think we can find a way to win this, will be a really poor result if we don't.

We just lack composure. We need to slow it down a bit and stop giving the ball away. Benteke does look out of sorts. Nicely set up by Westwood, last season he would have finished that. I think we should have had a penalty from that Westwood shot. There was enough distance between the shot and the point of impact. But guess we are lucky to be level. So lets improve 2nd half.

We are really really shocking at the moment. Last season we played awesome football at times especially near the end and we were picking up results, and at the beginning we played good football but got some unlucky results due to bad defending. It seems all the good work towards the end of last season has been undone. Lambert seems to have abandoned his playing philosophy and style and it is leading to us to playing really poorly at the moment.

We are really really shocking at the moment. Last season we played awesome football at times especially near the end and we were picking up results, and at the beginning we played good football but got some unlucky results due to bad defending. It seems all the good work towards the end of last season has been undone. Lambert seems to have abandoned his playing philosophy and style and it is leading to us to playing really poorly at the moment.

Maybe he's being more cautious to avoid being in a relegation fight again. we've more points than we did this time last year.

I agree its all too frenetic! Only Westwood has that composure in the middle of the park. Delph looks rusty and has given it away a few times.

Edited by PaulC

Wonder if Benteke is still injured .. he barely runs. Just strolls around with an attitude like he's fokking Bendtner.

A whole Kozak is better than a 1/4 Benteke. Substitution please, Mr. Lambert.

I still wouldn;t take him off. Gabby and Weimann wont last 90 minutes I expect Tonev and Kozak to make an appearance in the 2nd half.

Anything but a win today is a poor result against these

They are bottom of the table for a reason just look at there last 3 away games...

But of course were villa so we give teams like this an easy game were just the side you want to play when u need to break a duck

• Like 1