• Kozak
    • Benteke
    • El Ahmadi
    • Agbonlahor (for Kozak 57)
    • Delph (for Sylla 57)
    • Weimann (for Tonev 57)

So are we shit or good?

Average.

Doesn't exist. We're either good or bad. Don't you know this?

Why don't you offer your own opinion and discuss the game instead of turning everything in to a point scoring contest. All you've done all game is try to lock horns with other posters.

You're right mate. It's not worth the aggro to confront people when they're being pansies. :D

Benteke gets a 0/10 tonight. Inept. No more excuses for him. Offside constantly, couldn't hold the ball up, greedy, stroppy. Getting a tad fed up.

0/10 is exaggerating he won a heck of a lot of headers. I do think he can work harder though and that has been apparent since the Arsenal game, does look more disinterested than last season.

Maybe a tad harsh but I'm just getting fed up with his general attitude. Blaming everybody but himself but he makes just as many errors.

Well Lambert got it horrendously wrong in the first half. I do wonder if Gabby, Delph and Weimann were fit whether they would have got picked? Or would he have stuck with that team anyway? I think he would have stuck with the team that beat Cardiff myself. Which is poor form. But who knows, maybe he wouldn't have.

Lambert rectified the problem and rescued a point. So fair play to him for that but it was pretty bleeding obvious what needed to be done. Hey ho, a point gained is not so bad. 

shocking selection first half

slow no passion, no skill

second half, take off the ones having a mare and put the 3 who should have started and what a surprise?

we play better, we attack and we score

it isn't rocket lambert

Almost as if... they weren't fit enough to start the game but half an hour wasn't too much of a risk.

Amazing - Subs can come on from minute 1 - so basically you pick players who can can do the 90 mins. If your best players only have 30 mins in them like you are saying you get that out of them at the start  I appreciate you wont criticise Lambert but your clutching at straws now is somewhat ....... clutching

You find it amazing that Lambert didn't start 3 unfit players?

OK mate. You're either on a wind up or something else. Peace out. Good luck with the leaflet campaign.

• Like 2

You could either say that Lambert should have started with Delph, Gabby and Weimann but unlike some of the ludicrous statements on the match thread, Lambert does and can make changes to the side when it isn't working. Its a point gained after going down 2-0 after 11 mins, and I am delighted to see Westwood score his first goal for the Villa. I just hope he gets 4 or 5 more this season now, as midfielders scoring goals  can make  a real difference for us to move forward. And for us Villa fans, please try to keep some sort of even balance. Sylla is not a world class midfielder when he is on the bench, nor is he a pile of crap when he plays.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

I've got a lot of respect for Lambert in that he's made some good signings on a very limited budget and the players seem to want to play for him.

However, when it comes to picking the team he seems to struggle. Yes he made key substitutions today and against Cardiff. But his starting selection always baffles me. 2 up front doesn't work. Lowton should start. Sylla shouldn't.

For me i'd play

Guzan

Bacuna/Lowton Vlaar Baker Luna

Westwood

Bacuna/Lowton KEA Delph Agbonlahor

Benteke

A game of two halves. Shocking twenty minutes but West Brom let us back into the game and we showed our class when it mattered. Two very good finishes for the goals. Brave substitution by Lambert.

Vlaar was solid all evening.

Draw was fair. A frenetic and open-ended derby.

Showed our class mmmm.

Brave substitution by Lambert. Eh no. He just made the obvious changes.

Eh?

Not really. He gambled on bringing on players short of match fitness. He could have tried several variations but he didn't. So, coming back from 2-0 down isn't showing your class?

We were 2 down and being completely overrun. He had Gabby, Delph and Weimann on the bench. What would you do?

It showed chracter coming back and not class as we simply haven't got any.

Vlaar was great for 90mins. Probably the only player you can say that about. 

Shows good character to come back and get the result. 

Yes i still gave Westwood motm though as i thought he had a really good 2nd half and the brilliant goal too. Between him and Vlaar though!

• Like 1

Amazing - Subs can come on from minute 1 - so basically you pick players who can can do the 90 mins. If your best players only have 30 mins in them like you are saying you get that out of them at the start 

Nonsense. Lambert took the risk that he wouldn't have to make a substitution in the first half, which is fair enough. How many substitutions are made in first halves? **** all.  The three that came on obviously only had 30 mins in their legs so was he supposed to start them and then make 3 subs after 30 mins?

Edited by villa89

Special mention for Sessegnon who was one of our best players tonight. Could've put the game out of sight and ultimately cost them a point.

This. I was shocked but delighted he didn't get hooked earlier. It clearly wasn't going to be his night.

Benteke 6 without a goal. What's happened to him?

I'm a Lambo fan but they were 3 glaringly obvious subs (the 3 players who would be in the first XI but for injuries)

they were 3 glaringly obvious subs

Of course but alot (/most) of managers would have just brought on two of them and left the last sub for later. (When it would have been too late IMO.)

Edited by villa89

Threw my dummy out the pram at 2-0 and ended up watching some crap on Dave. Every time I checked the score on here we had just scored. Couldn't bring myself to put the match back on!

To all the moaners SHHHHHHHH!

It's pathetic really moaning for moaning sake, you can be spotted a mile off for when you refuse to give credit; makes the whole argument pathetic and transparent.

"Lambert should be making changes, do this do that"

Does it, we get a result.

"Should have done it earlier, would have won etc etc"

Poor. We started shit, get over it, it happens look at Spurs. We have clearly improved this season, the league position shows it, the stats show it... But no you keep banging the drum.

First half shit, second half good. Won't be the last time it happens either, to any side!

I don't think anyone has said we haven't improved so not sure what you're on about really. Just because we've improved on a pretty awful season doesn't mean we can't question the managers tactical ability (or lack of it). This is a Villa forum, a football forum, tactics will always be discussed whether they are good or bad. Would you rather we just didn't speak of them? Or just the good ones?

Â