The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

1 hour ago, useless said:

Try to answer this one as quick as possible.

A bat and ball cost £1:10

The bat costs one pound more than the ball.

How much does the ball cost?

I wonder if Steve Hollis would get the right answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am momentarily red. Then I am blue before turning purple, now green, then yellow and finally a golden brown colour, or sometimes I am a combination of all those.

Spoiler

I am not an health proffesional.

I meant to do no such thing, as I say i just asked the question as its commonly asked in psychology experiments. If I was to ask a question about Father Christmas, would I need to point out the fictitious aspects of him too? No. There's no prizes for pointing out that all the animals didn't go on the arc, yet some people seem to think they deserve a Nobel prize for pointing out such things, unless your talking to a religious fanatic, your just stating the obvious.

30 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no prizes for pointing out that all the animals didn't go on the arc, yet some people seem to think they deserve a Nobel prize for pointing out such things, unless your talking to a religious fanatic, your just stating the obvious.

To be fair, you posted the question in a serious thread. With no context. 

Given that the answer of "two" is pretty obvious, it was blatantly a trick question. So if somebody hadn't spotted the Moses/Noah substitution (i.e. the intended "trick") then their next reaction would be to point out that Noah's Ark didn't exist, to beat the trick question.

So I don't think you can be too surprised that people are pointing that out.

Edited by Stevo985

The question is normally asked with no context, that's the point. Its also the point that the answer isn't two, because moses didn't have anything to do with the arc.  The question is less about trying to 'trick' people and more about showing how the human mind works. 

Edited by useless
When I say how the mind works I mean one aspect of it, not the whole thing lol.

46 minutes ago, useless said:

If I was to ask a question about Father Christmas, would I need to point out the fictitious aspects of him too? No

you could have put that in a spoiler , you've just ruined Christmas for me now ... it's only the solace that the Easter Bunny is real that's going to see me through this difficult time

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, useless said:

If I was to ask a question about Father Christmas, would I need to point out the fictitious aspects of him too? 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

you could have put that in a spoiler , you've just ruined Christmas for me now ... it's only the solace that the Easter Bunny is real that's going to see me through this difficult time

I didn't day that Santa wasn't real, maybe the fictitious aspect is that he doesn't really like whiskey or something, there's a lot we don't know, that's what makes him so magical. You can still enjoy Christmas.

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

March 14th exists Tony :thumb:

Â