Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Spurs sign Holtby for 1.25mil he players 23 games for them and now they want £8-10mil for him. Gotta love old spurs.

To be fair, he was a bargain at 1.25mil, more like 4mil. Levy knows how to negotiate.

He'd already signed a precontract to join Spurs in the Summer. The £1.25m was effectively a 6 month loan fee. £4m for a six month loan would have been extortionate.

We'll go down this year I think, we are only a couple of points away from what are already low points totals accumulated so far by the teams below us. The league position makes things appear more rosy than they are but after the next 2-3 games we will be right in there again with some fairly difficult games to come. We may scoff at the signing made by the teams below and around us but they are different to what they already have so its possible they will improve teams. Lescott will certainly improve west ham despite the wages, fulham are about to do some good business, I like shane long, Cardiff are intersting and Sunderland are doing business. We are lucky there have been worse teams than us so far but even though they have been terrible we are still right in there. Those teams have made changes, if they work while we have stood still we may find ourselves out of luck this year.

Its a negative view and im a negative guy, but thats my feeling at the minute

We'll go down this year I think, we are only a couple of points away from what are already low points totals accumulated so far by the teams below us. The league position makes things appear more rosy than they are but after the next 2-3 games we will be right in there again with some fairly difficult games to come. We may scoff at the signing made by the teams below and around us but they are different to what they already have so its possible they will improve teams. Lescott will certainly improve west ham despite the wages, fulham are about to do some good business, I like shane long, Cardiff are intersting and Sunderland are doing business. We are lucky there have been worse teams than us so far but even though they have been terrible we are still right in there. Those teams have made changes, if they work while we have stood still we may find ourselves out of luck this year.

Don't agree with this, are we amazing? No but there are definitely worse teams in the league, we can beat WBA tonight and get something at goodison on sat

• Like 2

Yeah figured his contract was up or close. Almost as good as the Benteke deal for us, difference is I doubt they will get £8-10mil unless one of the big clubs want him which seems unlikely. Any idea what wages hes on?

Arsene or Jose might want him to add to their collection of midfielders

Yeah figured his contract was up or close. Almost as good as the Benteke deal for us, difference is I doubt they will get £8-10mil unless one of the big clubs want him which seems unlikely. Any idea what wages hes on?

Arsene or Jose might want him to add to their collection of midfielders

Just saw hes on around £75k a week wages, which means realistically only the moneybag clubs could potentially sign him. Maybe if Arsenal fail with Draxler they might go for Holtby if spurs are willing to sell to them. Seriously doubt it though.

I was worried but I think the loan signing of Bertrand will be enough to see us safe. The LB position was our major weak area defensively. Massive difference sorting that out.

Even though the points are very close, the fact that there are 7 teams below makes a difference too. It makes it statistically less likely for us to go down as it means 5 of those teams need to outperform us until the end of the season for us to be relegated.

Yes, you're negative, but you're also on an agenda, possibly to harm the relationship between the club and its fans. Otherwise there's no reason to post on this frequently read thread. Your post has nothing to do with transfer speculation. Perhaps you could put it in "where will we finish" or "why paul lambert should be fired" " or, I love stirring up problems more than I love villa". Any of those would fit.

Hows your feeling now?

• Like 2

Lambert said in the after match interview that they a trying to see if something comes off, so there is definently a chance someone or more will come. My guess is that it is hoolahan or nothing but I still want to believe there is more. 

Someone on Twitter said a player was in the stands tonight, asking who it was. Probably BS.

"@insideAVFC: NOW I highly doubt it but at my glimpse it looked like tom ince but doubt it very much #AVFC"

Calling total BS....

Someone on Twitter said a player was in the stands tonight, asking who it was. Probably BS.

"@insideAVFC: NOW I highly doubt it but at my glimpse it looked like tom ince but doubt it very much #AVFC"

Calling total BS....

Unless Tom Ince was sitting with Gabby and co, there was 4 of them there if I remember correctly but I only noticed Gabby.

Calling total BS....

Unless Tom Ince was sitting with Gabby and co, there was 4 of them there if I remember correctly but I only noticed Gabby.

it was Gabby and his bro posse. I didnt see Ince at all.

But god DAMMIT we need some new midfielders. Outside of Delph the drop in quality is too big.

Â