Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

We are being linked with Jean Marie Dongou on loan.

Not that I've ever seen him play - just he's got a rather good reputation hasn't he?

It will be the VT usual...

Foreign.

Nobody seen him play much.

Barca youf player ( they’re automatically all amazing )

= Amazing sign him up.

Edited by VillaForever1970

We are being linked with Jean Marie Dongou on loan.

Not that I've ever seen him play - just he's got a rather good reputation hasn't he?

It will be the VT usual...

Foreign.

Nobody seen him play much.

Barca youf player ( they’re automatically all amazing )

= Amazing sign him up.

The easiest way I can put it is:

How we see Grealish for Villa is how many Barca fans see Dongou for themselves.

Worth noting that he broke the record for fastest first team goal from an academy player at Barca - 11 minutes into his debut. He plays best out wide as a wide 'striker' as such for Barca B, so maybe there is something to read into this. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Edited by samjp26

Being as people want some excitement I may as well continue, it beats the doom and gloom anyway. Here is Graham Hunter's view on Dongou (the Spanish football journo):

“I’m not going to say he’ll be better than Messi, but he made far more of an impact on me than Messi did as a 16-year-old. He’s a completely different player, a striker whose physical shape is going to be a little bit like Romario, but his attitude and work ethic is going to be a little bit like Eto’o. If you get a laboratory and put those two players together, you’d probably take the product"

Being as people want some excitement I may as well continue, it beats the doom and gloom anyway. Here is Graham Hunter's view on Dongou (the Spanish football journo):

“I’m not going to say he’ll be better than Messi, but he made far more of an impact on me than Messi did as a 16-year-old. He’s a completely different player, a striker whose physical shape is going to be a little bit like Romario, but his attitude and work ethic is going to be a little bit like Eto’o. If you get a laboratory and put those two players together, you’d probably take the product"

giphy.gif

"Dongou, 18, is a graduate of Barca’s impressive youth system where he has scored goals for fun in recent seasons."

Barca B

2011-12: 12 games, 2 goals. 

2012-13: 32 games, 5 goals.

2013-14: 13 games, 2 goals.

Barca

2013-2014: 3 games, 1 goals.

Career total: 58 games, 9 goals.

Maybe he just hates fun?

Edited by postdeath
  • Like 3

He doesn't score goals for fun, he plays better out wide, although he was the top scorer in the Next Gen 11/12. As I said, the comparison I'd make on him is how we view Grealish is how many Barca fans view Dongou - pretty sure we all know how good their academy is too. I'd take him on loan, why not.

Â