Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I didn't think we can loan another as we got 2 domestic loans already 

I'm uncertain on the ruling but being as Holt is from a different league (The Championship), are we still able to loan another player from within the Prem?

Nope we have filled our quota of loans from domestic loans.

'Premier League rules limit clubs to just two season-long domestic loans but international deals are, essentially, limitless.'

Yeah but is 'domestic' classed as within the Premier League or within the entire structure of the Football League.

Nope we have filled our quota of loans from domestic loans.

'Premier League rules limit clubs to just two season-long domestic loans but international deals are, essentially, limitless.'

Yeah but is 'domestic' classed as within the Premier League or within the entire structure of the Football League.

I'd assume it's the entire structure of the football league.

I didn't think we can loan another as we got 2 domestic loans already 

I'm uncertain on the ruling but being as Holt is from a different league (The Championship), are we still able to loan another player from within the Prem?

It's 2 domestic after googling a little

So anyone coming in now is a purchase or oversea's loan 

Can someone make up som roumors please? I keep on faking loo breaks to check if something new is up and its too silent. Soon ill have to resort to working, cant have that..

Well, if you take it as a given that we are/were definitely in for Hoolahan, you could probably build up a rough profile of the kind of player we might (I stress, might) have on the reserve list as a second choice.  Purely assumptive work, but you'd be looking for:

•Creative midfielders, '#10s' and the like.

•An experienced/older player.

•Cheap transfer fee (i.e. someone nearing the end of their contract or unwanted by their current club).

•Low-to-reasonable wage expectations.

•Preferably someone the manager knows/has worked with previously.

Hardly any candidates that satisfy every criteria, especially domestically.  If you looked abroad, somebody like Aaron Hunt is probably as close as you're gonna get.

A plan B to Hoolahan? That will go down really well!

Well, going by Gareth's criteria, the plan B to Hoolahan is Hoolahan.

• Like 1

Metro

Aston Villa are working on an ambitious move to sign highly-rated Barcelona striker Jean Marie Dongou on-loan for the rest of the season.

Dongou, 18, is a graduate of Barca’s impressive youth system where he has scored goals for fun in recent seasons.

The Cameroon Under-20 international has been nicknamed ‘the new Samuel Eto’o’ because of his power and pace – and Villa hope to be able to bring him until the end of the campaign.

Paul Lambert has earned a reputation for developing young talent, and he hopes that will convince Barca to let Dongou move to Villa Park.

snap

Edited by Morkery
  • Like 1

Lol bloody hell, that came out of nowhere.

Anyone know anything about him? Read a couple of reports that said he was one of the best players in the Next Gen series - which our own youth team was excellent in as well.

As much as I'd love Dongou to be true. I just cannot see this from a rational point of view.

6 (7) decent strikers is nuts! 

Target Men - Benteke, Holt, Kozak

Wide Forwards - Gabby, Weiman, Dongou

Then Helenius, Bowery to fit into either.

Unless...The plan is this:-

................................Benteke........................................

Dongou  ..............................................................Gabby

................................Weimann.........................................

....................CM...........................CM................................

With Subs of Holt (for Benteke), Helenius (for Weimann) and Bowery/Graham for the other two.

Â