Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I remember this time last year Reading fc forums were going in to overdrive with info from the club that they were on the verge of signing a top experienced Premiership player. All these names were being being mentioned with all the excitement. It turned out to be Stephen Kelly.

I guess what I'm saying is don't get carried away with until we find out who it is. With our last 18 month history it will most likely be Osman or someone to that calibre.

Rodwell is a decent shout for the loanee, but couldn't offer a decent suggestion at the number 10 based on the parameters that HH posted earlier in another thread.

Cheikhou Kouyate would be a pretty big signing, alongside the lines of Okore.

• Like 1

Or even Joe Allan on loan from Liverpool, he's been out of favour

Yeah that out-of-favour Joe Allen who has started in 8 of Liverpool's last 9. And he also went off injured today. 

Good shout.

Also not vastly better than Westwood ,essentially the same type of player and most defiantly not what he we need.

Norwich players I highly doubt due to the bad blood between Lambert and them.Steer we got through tribunal so not really a direct transfer as such.

Zaha - Last time he came on for united he looked as much use as Tonev.Showed talent in championship but he is in same boat as our current lot as not being proven so doubt he is being chased.

Milner - Not always a starter for city but certainly an important squad member no chance of a loan 

Rodwell - Would be a Jenas type gamble  given his injury history.

De Bruyne - Jose has said he doesn't want to sell so he could be available for loan to get some prem league game time

Holtby - Looks well out of Sherwoods plans so again a chance there , same with Sigurdson 

Guttierez - Newcastle's captain and currently out injured ,,zero chance.

Guidetti - Few clubs want him .Malaga the  club linked strongest currently.

Nick Powell - On loan till Jan from United to Wigan , Hull linked with taking him for rest of season.Done well at Wigan by all accounts.

Had a look at the current prem league squad's Chelsea currently have 17!!! players loaned out

Edited by Nabby
  • Like 1

Â