Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I never said that he didn't always play with a target man

But you'll agree that we didn't sign a creative player all because PL was too limited to manage without a target-man. Pragmatic he is not.

Fair enough, I'll agree to disagree

A Cardiff on the radio sad he didn't think Whittingham was up to it in the premier league.

I've seen quite a few of Cardiff's games this season and he's been excellent

• Like 1

I think we need a big signing to appease the fans. It's been a while since we signed someone to be excited about. I am not counting Benteke because he didn't seem like a big goal scorer at the time. I'd like to see Lambert go and buy a quality midfielder to save this season.

Don't forget there were similar articles in the press last winter window. - From an outsider point of view, a struggling club, thats is averaging over 36000 attendances - should be able to rustle up a few million for its manager. But Lambert himself has said he won't be making big signings in Jan. I m not getting too excited just yet...

If we get given for instance £10m, I'd go for..

Sergio Canales from Valencia as a creator for the team, he is one of those player who can make things happen in an instant!

Micah Richards on loan with a view to buying if price is right... can play CB or RB... Easy choice to make in the grand scheme of things.

Would improve us a lot in my opinion..

Ok loans would suggest experienced players (or players we've heard of at least). Can anyone think of any bench warming creative midfielders who play for the bigger teams we could loan realistically? 

Mata.

• Like 1

Another striker on his list?! Unless Benteke is being sold, how many strikers does he need?

Its just a link don't take it too seriously just yet haha!

“The club is miles from where I want it to be, an absolutely country mile, and you want to take it right through to the levels. To do that you need to keep building it and adding quality to it and adding at every turn,” he said. “I don’t want to be sitting like this every time [after a defeat]. If you want to fight it you fight it, I’m not going to run away from it.

“There’s always pressure even if you are on a winning run. In football now you get one or two games, the way football management is, it’s always the case. If you’ve lost two games, not won for two games, there’s a crisis there, it’s got more and more shorter. We’ve got to turn the home form around. There’s no magic formula. The lads are edgy at certain things but they have to overcome that and they can.” - Paul Lambert 

This is from the telegraph.

I hope it's true and he has targets lined up as we need them ASAP interesting that it names 3 positions aswell. I'd like CB cover and a DM aswell though!

We need definitive roles in midfield that much is obvious. CM, CAM, CDM etc

Â