Who is the all time greatest sportsman

villaguy

Hard to compare sports , each has produced some great champions so for me I'd look at it from perspective of historical significance

So for that reason It has to be Roger Bannister

If you took the time to watch that O'Sullivan break you'd see what a talent he is, every shot, every nudge, every bit of spin was PERFECT and in the shortest time possible. Just because he isn't personally perfect doesn't mean he isn't fantastically skilled at what he does, that's why I don't think any sportsman is at his level, on his day he in a league of his own. In all other sports there are people who are the best ever for now, however I feel he is the best that will ever play snooker because you cannot get any better

I think you should look up Max Woosnam, he even has a 147 to his name, won Wimbledon, captained the England football team...

He once defeated actor and film director Charlie Chaplin at table tennis, playing with a butter knife instead of a bat.

I think that settles it. 

• Like 3

C.B.Fry anyone?

In 1893 he equalled the world record for the long jump. From 1894 to 1908 he played cricket as an opening batsman for Sussex and on tour in South Africa in 1895-96, when he was twenty-three, he played the first of twenty-six test matches for England.

Meanwhile Fry played rugby for Blackheath and the Barbarians, and as an association footballer played full-back for the Corinthians and Southampton, and later Portsmouth. He won two international football caps in 1901and played for Southampton in the FA cup final of 1902. He finished his county cricket career with Hampshire and captained England in 1912. His test career ended against India in 1922, when he was fifty, and his final first-class batting average was 50.22 with 94 centuries.

• Like 3

and if you are still discussing whats a sport etc i'll throw another spanner in -

tony hawk

Skateboarding is judged, not a sport imo

In your opinion or judgement?

Would you then say that Boxing is not a sport?

Please read my posts in this very topic unless you wish to score a perfect ten in the embarrassment competition ;)

C.B.Fry anyone?

In 1893 he equalled the world record for the long jump. From 1894 to 1908 he played cricket as an opening batsman for Sussex and on tour in South Africa in 1895-96, when he was twenty-three, he played the first of twenty-six test matches for England.

Meanwhile Fry played rugby for Blackheath and the Barbarians, and as an association footballer played full-back for the Corinthians and Southampton, and later Portsmouth. He won two international football caps in 1901and played for Southampton in the FA cup final of 1902. He finished his county cricket career with Hampshire and captained England in 1912. His test career ended against India in 1922, when he was fifty, and his final first-class batting average was 50.22 with 94 centuries.

CB Fry is an excellent shout

OJ Simpson?

and if you are still discussing whats a sport etc i'll throw another spanner in -

tony hawk

Skateboarding is judged, not a sport imo

In your opinion or judgement?

Would you then say that Boxing is not a sport?

Please read my posts in this very topic unless you wish to score a perfect ten in the embarrassment competition ;)

9.8 for smugness there <_<

• Like 1

Max Woosnam's feats are a bit sceptical, any solid evidence?

What like winning Wimbledon, Gold and Silver in the Olympics? that sort of thing?

Yeah, I got to see it in video before I can believe it. Wimbledon in that day wasn't a pro tournament either, just an invite event

Max Woosnam's feats are a bit sceptical, any solid evidence?

What like winning Wimbledon, Gold and Silver in the Olympics? that sort of thing?

Yeah, I got to see it in video before I can believe it. Wimbledon in that day wasn't a pro tournament either, just an invite event

Yeah, often they would just invite the worst players for the fun of it.

Â