Who is the all time greatest sportsman

villaguy

Ronald Sullivan is a massive word removed who I'd love to punch in the face. An unsporting horrible excuse for a person.

For me the greatest ever sportsman despite not being a fan of his sport is Steve Redgrave. Really quite inspirational, one of the best at his sport, a true gentleman, nice guy and a model pro in and out of the boat. 

Edited by Ingram85

Darts isn't a sport, don't be silly. Snooker is in another league. Darts is like including conkers

They are both Parlour Games, they are in exactly the same league as you put it

If you have played both there is a huge difference in skill required. In snooker you need break building, potting and defence. Each of these skills require a subset of skills too.

Darts isn't a sport, don't be silly. Snooker is in another league. Darts is like including conkers

They are both Parlour Games, they are in exactly the same league as you put it

If you have played both there is a huge difference in skill required. In snooker you need break building, potting and defence. Each of these skills require a subset of skills too.

Your point being? Its no different to comparing Chess and Draughts, they are both board games

and if you are still discussing whats a sport etc i'll throw another spanner in -

tony hawk

Skateboarding is judged, not a sport imo

In your opinion or judgement?

Would you then say that Boxing is not a sport?

Edited by villaajax

Muhammad Ali isn't even the greatest heavyweight of all time, let alone greatest boxer. So he's definitely not the greatest sportsman. 

It's not just about his boxing though, it's the full package, and what he stood for and represents. I rate other boxers higher, but they don't have anywhere near Ali's presence or kudos. No one comes close to Ali in that respect. He's an absolute icon, and possibly the most reconcilable man on the planet. 

• Like 1

If snooker isn't in your opinion a sport I'd say Federer. He is basically an artist with his hand-eye co-ordination, I feel priviliged to have watched him. But if snooker is classed as a sport, I have never seen skill on a level and shown on a simplicity that O'Sullivan has shown it and I doubt I ever will

Darts is not a sport. It's a game for fat people in the pub.

Such an outdated stereotype.

Accurate though

Well, not really at all. The minority of professionals are fat but you could say that about any sport.

Â