Weather...

Dodgyknees

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

There is no end in sight as well.  It's going to be like this till the end of July. You'd think the prolonged wet and lack of sunshine will affect crops later. 

I’d rather this than what Spain/Italy/Greece are having to endure. That looks brutal.

• Like 1

Actually, the US is also getting extreme heat. We’re the lucky ones.

Parts of the US are expected to see record temperatures on Sunday, with warnings of "dangerous" heat levels into next week across the south-west.

Nearly a third of Americans - about 113 million people - are currently under heat advisories, from Florida to California and up to Washington state.

The country's National Weather Service (NWS) has urged people not to underestimate the risk to life.

On Saturday, an all-time high of 118F (48C) was recorded in Phoenix, Arizona.

It means temperatures have hit 110F (43C) for 16 days running, itself almost a record.

link

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Give me thia rain ovee whats happening in greece and south europe all day

Quite lucky we have missed all that intense heat

July's been a complete wash out

Hopefully means we can have a hot-ish August and not have concerns about water shortages.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hopefully means we can have a hot-ish August and not have concerns about water shortages.

Well we expected a terribly hot sunmer after last year but thankfully we havebt had it. Still a chance we could see it from august/September time. But all the rains helped with the grass and crops here.

No chance of a hose pipe band as it stands. We have another two weeks of rain at least

I just moved to Cardiff three weeks ago and then a few days later out of curiosity looked up 'wettest cities in the UK' on Google wondering if Cardiff might be quite high up on the list... yes. Quite high up, it turns out it's in... first place! 😮😓😑🙄 Apparently I've just moved to the rainiest city in the UK. Oops. :s (According to rainfall records going back to 1984).

Oh well, luckily I do quite like rain sometimes and I don't like very hot weather or harsh sun (strong UV), so it should be more or less ok for me here, as long as I invest in a big, strong umbrella! Maybe one of those golf ones. But sure enough it has been absolutely pissing it down since I moved here, most days. Test match in Manchester kind of weather ! :s

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robby b said:

out of curiosity looked up 'wettest cities in the UK' on Google wondering if Cardiff might be quite high up on the list... yes. Quite high up, it turns out it's in... first place! 😮😓😑🙄 Apparently I've just moved to the rainiest city in the UK. Oops. :s (According to rainfall records going back to 1984).

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Give me thia rain ovee whats happening in greece and south europe all day

Quite lucky we have missed all that intense heat

July's been a complete wash out

We had a scorching week or two in July last year it was horrible. We had high 30s and it was unbearable some of Europe is the mid 40s. Give me dancing in the rain all day. 

• Like 2

I’m ok with the searing heat in the day as long as it cools down at night. Due to the nature of British home design the heat tends to get trapped in the house making it horribly muggy and hard to sleep.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m ok with the searing heat in the day as long as it cools down at night. Due to the nature of British home design the heat tends to get trapped in the house making it horribly muggy and hard to sleep.

The nights the worst. Anything close to 30c or above os hard to sleep. I have a tempra mattress so it feels like sleeping on a fire pit when it gets hot.

4 hours ago, blandy said:

I love Michael Palin, he's one of my heroes. I'm a big Python fan, especially the sketch shows, and I read one of his diaries once, which was funny (of course) and very interesting. And then there's his love of faraway travel, I've seen a few of his travel documentaries.

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Finally a bit of sun without rain, I can sit outside.

*Enter flying ants*

Just been out to give ours something to think about. 

ms1418_1617819716.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Â