Getting older

villaguy

Walking back with the dogs earlier and I noticed my old dinner lady from primary school go past in a car with who I assumed was her daughter . Mrs Gold her name was and she was a big favourite among the kids because she didn’t make us eat all our dinners if we didn’t like them. Remember her as a very nice lady who was old back then 30 years ago. Was debating to put it here, in the cheer me up thread or the boring thread, but either way it put a smile on my face. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Walking back with the dogs earlier and I noticed my old dinner lady from primary school go past in a car with who I assumed was her daughter . Mrs Gold her name was and she was a big favourite among the kids because she didn’t make us eat all our dinners if we didn’t like them. Remember her as a very nice lady who was old back then 30 years ago. Was debating to put it here, in the cheer me up thread or the boring thread, but either way it put a smile on my face. 

What was the daughter like

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I hope they do Marv . Some of those school dinners were hell on a plate. 

Was worth it for the chocolate concrete and mint custard! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Was reading the Christmas 2023 thread and couldn't decide if this belongs in here or there but...

The 3 stages of man

1. You believe in Santa
2. You don't believe in Santa
3. You are Santa

It's like the cycle of life in underpants. From the cradle to the grave they need to be

1. Absorbent 
  2. Comfortable
  3. Sexy
  4. Comfortable
  5. Absorbent 
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I always thought you would get less head colds as you get older and build up immunity? I have to say, since turning 30, and especially the past 6 or 7 years, I have been getting 3 or 4 really bad head colds (that morph into sinus infections) each year. They are more severe too - proper leave me with some bad symptoms. When I was a kid, teenager or even into  my 20s I would hardly ever notice getting a head cold, it would just brush off after a day or two.

For example, I had one in late August and have another one now.

Anybody else have this? 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I always thought you would get less head colds as you get older and build up immunity? I have to say, since turning 30, and especially the past 6 or 7 years, I have been getting 3 or 4 really bad head colds (that morph into sinus infections) each year. They are more severe too - proper leave me with some bad symptoms. When I was a kid, teenager or even into  my 20s I would hardly ever notice getting a head cold, it would just brush off after a day or two.

Anybody else have this? 

That's Covid, that is. It's attracted by vaccines and using 5G phones. Should have stuck with your landline. You'd have been safe.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Anybody else have this? 

14 minutes ago, Anthony said:

That's Covid, that is. It's attracted by vaccines and using 5G phones. Should have stuck with your landline. You'd have been safe.

Life hack, when you shower in the morning, pour a cup of your own piss in your eyes. This will rinse out the toxins caused by the vaccine and 5G.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

It's like the cycle of life in underpants. From the cradle to the grave they need to be

1. Absorbent 
  2. Comfortable
  3. Sexy
  4. Comfortable
  5. Absorbent 

I went straight from 2 to 5.

Â