Getting older

villaguy

I can tell i'm getting older, i've been watching videos about retirement and pensions today!

I'm sick of working. I know that sounds a bit dramatic for a mid 40's bloke, but i've not got much more to give.

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I was pottering in the garage today. I removed 20 years of paint from my paint stirrer and it came up as shiny as new.  That's my paint stirring needs sorted until 2043. 

There will be pups on this site that will find it weird that people have paint stirrers. My stirrer is new it's only 3 years old, the previous one was 15 years and I lost it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There will be pups on this site that will find it weird that people have paint stirrers. My stirrer is new it's only 3 years old, the previous one was 15 years and I lost it. 

Fascinating paint stirring information sir.  

Do you have at least 1 tool that you have no idea what it does but you keep it anyway? 

I have one that might be to remove a particular part on my boiler.  But it might be for the previous boiler?  Or possibly the oil filter of a Citroën AX? 

3 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Do you have at least 1 tool that you have no idea what it does but you keep it anyway? 

I have one that might be to remove a particular part on my boiler.  But it might be for the previous boiler?  Or possibly the oil filter of a Citroën AX? 

I have several!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I was pottering in the garage today. I removed 20 years of paint from my paint stirrer and it came up as shiny as new.  That's my paint stirring needs sorted until 2043. 

Paint stirrer? Surely that's the first bit of stick that comes to hand, to be thrown away at the end of the job? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I purposefully bought an attachment for my drill but can't recall what it does so haven't used it. Not a bit, but something that goes between the bit and the drill. 

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I can tell i'm getting older, i've been watching videos about retirement and pensions today!

I'm sick of working. I know that sounds a bit dramatic for a mid 40's bloke, but i've not got much more to give.

I watch/read  a lot of stuff on the subject 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What I hate about getting older is not the grey hair starting in your beard or side of head, but the fact your belly gets bigger and your dick gets smaller . 

I’m in that group 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Have you thought of maybe a change of career to something you might enjoy more? I think I'm right you're a single guy with no kids so I assume you've built up a decent enough pension pot already. 

Maybe something that keeps the money flowing but less stress and pressure. 

A guy I used to work with spent a few years working at Notcutts before retirement just putting the plants out on display for sale etc. 

39 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What I hate about getting older is not the grey hair starting in your beard or side of head, but the fact your belly gets bigger and your dick gets smaller . 

It’s not smaller, its just eclipsed by the belly.

Drop the tripod 2 notches and it’ll be good as it ever was on playback.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I purposefully bought an attachment for my drill but can't recall what it does so haven't used it. Not a bit, but something that goes between the bit and the drill. 

A chuck, adapt from normal to SDS bits

3 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

A chuck, adapt from normal to SDS bits

No, I think by the look of it it is for screwdrivers bits. I just remembered, due to essential tremor its a right game ensuring the screwdriver remains in place, so it is effectively a cowl that slots over the top. I should really start using it.

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I bought one of those that are made to be used on a cordless drill/screwdriver. I forgot to put the drill on the slowest setting and ended up vortexing a pint-full amount of paint on the garage floor.

I now use that drill attachment by hand to stir. Excellent value....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Surely Henry doesn't care?

• Haha 2

Â