What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

And that stigma you talk of is far more prevalent in BMW drivers or mercedes drivers (but especially BMW), imo obviously.

That's out of date unfortunately. BMW drivers are almost accepted as average and considerate now compared to Audi drivers.

edit: dodgy quoting shows I'm quoting BOF but it's actually Stevo.

Edited by darrenm

My point was it's all relative.

I think you're wrong. But someone else would say the same thing about Range Rover drivers, or Subaru drivers, or whatever.

That stigma gets passed around every make of car out there (within reason)

I'd always go for something slightly different, some might say I'm being biased but I'd take an XF

I would too.

If Jag made anything in my price range I'd buy it.

But unfortunately the only people working at JLR who can afford a product are those that get them on the management scheme anyway.

• Like 2

I think you're wrong. But someone else would say the same thing about Range Rover drivers, or Subaru drivers, or whatever.

Subaru drivers generally are cocks though :mrgreen:

The high end Audis are nice. A7, S5, R8. Lovely cars, but they're niche. The mass produced stuff competing in the high volume market is stylistically unimaginative and relies on the badge and status IMHO.

Audi  don't do it for me either just because they are so popular. I'd always go for something slightly different, some might say I'm being biased but I'd take an XF

I had an XF and I really liked it was and is a good car but honestly it' doesn't come close to my A5 , the A5 handles better and is a much more fun to drive , but I did have one of the first XF's so maybe it's made some more improvements in that time 

that at said im looking  at the F-Pace as my next potential car  ... And seriously tempted

only car drivers I really have issue with are Nissan Micra drivers ... They always drive 10 mph below the speed limit and always drive with eyes fixed forward and no spacial awareness of the road around them and the traffic jam they are cuasing behind them 

• Like 1

you know in advance that the driver of the Micra, doing 25 mph, is going to see that 30 mph speed camera at the very last minute and perform almost an emergency stop

every

time

it is one of the few car stereotypes that is bang on true

• Like 2

The Micra does provide a service though. If it didn't exist, those people would be spread across all other models. The Micra lets you know there's a shite driver ahead :)

• Like 2

Mrs E's A1 has gone to live with Audi for a few weeks whilst they re-cut the ignition barrel so we're in the middle of courtesy car fun. 

So far we've had an S3 Cabriolet which was lovely but hugely impractical, we've got the directors A4 Allroad now and its AMAZING. 

It'll be interesting with VW to see if they are allowed to fail. The share price is down by over a third and they've confessed that test cheating software has been installed in millions of cars worldwide. Not an error or a design fault or something poorly designed, something deliberately installed to cheat the emissions tests that are supposed to protect or their customers and the public.

The USA are talking about $24,000 dollar fines for every one of the 480,000 cars sold by deception. France, Italy and the UK now calling for a full EU investigation. So the company is potentially looking at billions of dollars of fines, a change of leadership, a totally different share position and a much reduced image with the car buying public. 

I'd have thought that the German government can't allow a company the size of VW Audi to fail or get bought by China. 

I seriously don't think the car buying public will give a shit. Sure they'll get fined, share price will drop as a result but once the fines are factored in…. back with a bang

they might if it results in their road tax or company car tax rate changing as a result of the higher emissions ... But other than that I agree 

It won't make any difference agreed. Car manufacturers have a habit of coming out of these things smelling of roses, Toyota are a good example of that, Mitsubishi too

And nobody seems to have taken a blind bit of notice of the Audi crash test scandal.

Â