What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

But yeah, who wants a Nissan?

I would imagine no-one who paid attention to how many recalls they had to make in the last few years

Didn't stop Levi buying another GM.

But yeah, who wants a Nissan?

I would imagine no-one who paid attention to how many recalls they had to make in the last few years

Certainly comparable with BMW, Citroen, Chevvy, Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, Mercedes, Toyota, Vauxhall and Volvo.  

If we use that criteria we'll all end up in Smart cars or a Daihatsu.

Which I guess is a similar point to the one a few pages back, who pays attention to the NCAP rating?

I think this is probably showing me to be a bit shallow, but I'd pick the car I liked before I changed to something else because of NCAP or recall records. Probably should, but wouldn't. Not unless it was catastrophic relentlessly bad publicity, of the kind that saw Lancia just give up in the UK.

I agree with Chris for once, to hell with safety. My car has actual glass, not that wimpy laminated stuff.

What material do they make its rudder from ? :)

Pelle will soon be along I'm sure, with his new girly car

Say the word, your wish is my command. :)

toyota_aygo_begtest_01.jpg?itok=Ta82uxWW

Had to sell my old beloved S60 as I moved out to the country side and tripled my way to my work. Couldn't afford to keep on driving that expensive car anymore and needed a cheaper. Bought a brand new Aygo instead. Not as nice to drive but I really doesn't need anymore than this. And it's new so I'll be free from some other costs for a few years too. The worst thing with it is the CD/Radio player in it. The S60 had a really good one and I could blow anyone's brain out with some loud music, now I barely hear it. :( And that's an important thing for me. More important than most gadgets you can get in new cars.

My gf bought a Auris hybrid just a week or so before me. I've always been the kind that prefer manual before automatic, but having driven hers a couple of times I have to admit that my conviction is somewhat a bit altering. That car is a lot nicer to drive than mine is. And she's got a good stereo in it. But all in all I'm quite pleased with my new car. And it's red, not pink. :P

• Like 1

Pelle will soon be along I'm sure, with his new girly car

The S60 had a really good one and I could blow anyone's brain out with some loud music, now I barely hear it. :( And that's an important thing for me. More important than most gadgets you can get in new cars.

Put one of your Queen CD's on and I suspect the passengers would blow their own brains out

• Like 2

Moving from stick shift to automatic is a bit like the first time you discover lube.

You just look back on all the wasted years you stupidly missed out.

I agree. I have automatic with paddles and I still use the paddles sometimes.

Moving from stick shift to automatic is a bit like the first time you discover lube.

You just look back on all the wasted years you stupidly missed out.

This.

I remember the time I got in my first automatic...I part ex'd my 3.5 litre SD1 manual fit a 3.5 litre P5 coupe automatic.

That was 1983 and I've stuck with autos ever since

Same here. Since my first auto in 1988 (A 3.5ltr SD1 Rover) I have never even considered going back to a manual. 

My two current cars couldn't be more chalk / cheese, a Jeep Cherokee and a 1997 Jaguar XK8 but they are both Auto and thats just how I like it 

I'd struggle to go back to manual now... an auto box paired with a smooth 6 pot German engine is the only way to go! 

JC-1.jpg

Â