What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

I'll have to choose a new car when I get to Canada.  I've no idea where to start.

I don't know what represents a good deal and what doesn't, whether American cars are better or cheaper than European ones, or what leasing vs finance will be like there.

When I lived in Germany it was easy - you bought a German car.

I'll have to choose a new car when I get to Canada.  I've no idea where to start.

I don't know what represents a good deal and what doesn't, whether American cars are better or cheaper than European ones, or what leasing vs finance will be like there.

If Ford is anything to go by, they will be way cheaper in America and have more options. Only downside is that almost everything is automatic.

mini mook

but make sure you get one with the canvass soft top still in good condition, Canadian winters can be nippy

I'll have to choose a new car when I get to Canada. I've no idea where to start.

Fairly sure every other car was a Toyota when I was there the other week :(

I've spoken to my mates over there and seemingly its a requirement of immigration that you drive one of these.

35kn5h3.jpg

• Like 1

If Ford is anything to go by, they will be way cheaper in America and have more options. Only downside is that almost everything is automatic.

Both our cars (Disco 4 and M3) are automatics and I'd never go back to driving a manual.

You drive an Alfa, right?

Then the Dodge Dart (a slightly enlarged Giulietta) is for you:

Some excellent tips in here!  ;)  I'm not really fussed about automatic.  The Mrs is reluctant to drive an automatic, but I'm more concerned about what the right size of engine is.  Over here I drive a 1.4 with 170bhp.  Over there everything seems to start at about 3.6l...

Had a look at the Ford website after the tip off from Ajax and they've got some good shouts.  The Mustang is pretty reasonable ;)

Dunno about that Dodge Dart.  It's, erm, ugly.  If I was getting a Dodge it'd be a Challenger, or this bad boy -

2014_dodge_durango_limited_brilliant_bla

True dat!  On both counts...

Just seen that I can get an Evoque for less than I'm currently paying for the Alfa.  In fact I can get most things over there for less than I'm paying for the Alfa.

Might work out alright, this.

You're moving to a country built and inhabited by lumberjacks.  I'd keep talk of cars such as the Giulietta and Evoque to yourself when you've over there! ;)

True dat!  On both counts...

Just seen that I can get an Evoque for less than I'm currently paying for the Alfa.  In fact I can get most things over there for less than I'm paying for the Alfa.

Might work out alright, this.

You're moving to a country built and inhabited by lumberjacks.  I'd keep talk of cars such as the Giulietta and Evoque to yourself when you've over there! ;)

A reckon a matte black Evoque with black alloys and windows would be a good look.

And whilst most of Canada is lumberjacks and bears, Vancouver is hippies and media-types so I'll fit right in!

• Like 2

And whilst most of Canada is lumberjacks and bears, Vancouver is hippies and media-types so I'll fit right in!

Only if you drive a Prius ;)

If you're still entertaining European cars as an option, make sure you research where they are manufactured. Most people over here would view a VW as a well built piece of German tin. Over there, they are derided as unreliable and expensive to keep on the road as most are manufactured in Mexico.

• Like 1

Some excellent tips in here! ;) I'm not really fussed about automatic. The Mrs is reluctant to drive an automatic, but I'm more concerned about what the right size of engine is. Over here I drive a 1.4 with 170bhp. Over there everything seems to start at about 3.6l...

Had a look at the Ford website after the tip off from Ajax and they've got some good shouts. The Mustang is pretty ghey ;)

Dunno about that Dodge Dart. It's, erm, ugly. If I was getting a Dodge it'd be a Challenger, or this bad boy -

2014_dodge_durango_limited_brilliant_bla

Fixed

• Like 1

Â