World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

My best mate lives in Qatar so I'm going to stay with him for the quarters and see a couple of games. Hopefully one of them is England.

If you are being serious... Get in touch when you're here!

I'm hosting/transporting a few Villa fans... and Scouse fans as well.

Can probably organise something with the local lions as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

They should all get off the planes holding hands. They can't put everyone in prison

Holding hands isn't illegal.

As a matter of fact.... Alot of Asian ( Indians, Nepalis ) etc who are mates often hold hands and even cuddle.... and are straight.... But.... Yeah. Lol

It’s hard to guess attendances.

I was trying to buy a ticket so that I could get a Hayya card required to enter Qatar during nov and dec. I eventually succeeded on the resale platform but it was harder than getting glastonbury tickets.

Not actually entering now, decided to stay in the airport all day (today - Friday) instead. Sold my ticket now but I still have an entry permit, so It’s possible that resale tickets are just circulating round people who want to visit Qatar during this time since there are no exceptions for usual business travellers etc.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What im curious about is when trouble breaks out how they are going to deal with this. I bet its going to be brutal

If its hooliganism then i dont see a problem with police brutality

No hooligans are going anyway they don't travel far

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently is a meeting today on whether to ban "alcohol" from stadiums

Budweiser will be looking at a big payout from FIFA after this

Its already banned isn't it? They have the fan park outside which can serve it but not the ground itself, dont know about their 0% stuff

Been said before it's a multi tournament deal, they'll lose out here but no doubt get a huge windfall in 4 years time

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Holding hands isn't illegal.

As a matter of fact.... Alot of Asian ( Indians, Nepalis ) etc who are mates often hold hands and even cuddle.... and are straight.... But.... Yeah. Lol

Apologies, I was generalising. I'm sure most of the media stuff fed to us to bullshit. I'm just not looking forward to this WC at all. First time ever

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Was just chatting with the missus and i said Qatar had a chance of getting out of their Group because they can buy a win somewhere, and here it is literally:

https://www.marca.com/en/world-cup/2022/11/18/6376cfc7ca4741cc208b4573.html

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get one win at least. I'd also then immediately be checking the FA's bank account of the team they lost to

• Like 1

Now FIFA appear to be angry that they're not allowed to sell alcohol outside stadiums.

TBH FIFA, you can't have it both ways. You took cash and had the most corrupt process bar maybe South Africa to get it there, and now you're complaining about the consequences of handing a World Cup to a nation with no interest in football culture, no interest in Western values and no interest in doing anything except for using your tournament in their sportswashing attempt. "#¤"# off.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s hard to guess attendances.

I was trying to buy a ticket so that I could get a Hayya card required to enter Qatar during nov and dec. I eventually succeeded on the resale platform but it was harder than getting glastonbury tickets.

Not actually entering now, decided to stay in the airport all day (today - Friday) instead. Sold my ticket now but I still have an entry permit, so It’s possible that resale tickets are just circulating round people who want to visit Qatar during this time since there are no exceptions for usual business travellers etc.

Thing is, it appears people are totally overlooking the fact that a couple million of the population are already expatriates within the country.

With a huge percentage of the population being football fans.

Aside from even that, alot of people will have bought tickets just purely for the experience of the mega event in a small country.

Add to that... The expatriates from all the neighbouring countries. This is without considering anyone coming from the West.

They genuinely won't have a problem filling stadiums and events ... Most of us here are actually dreading the place being over packed... And it's started already.

Even locals are finding it near impossible to access tickets.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, it appears people are totally overlooking the fact that a couple million of the population are already expatriates within the country.

With a huge percentage of the population being football fans.

Aside from even that, alot of people will have bought tickets just purely for the experience of the mega event in a small country.

Add to that... The expatriates from all the neighbouring countries. This is without considering anyone coming from the West.

They genuinely won't have a problem filling stadiums and events ... Most of us here are actually dreading the place being over packed... And it's started already.

Even locals are finding it near impossible to access tickets.

Yeah from my experience of the resale platform all games will be sold out. It was genuinely difficult to buy tickets, I eventually managed to get 1 for Ecuador vs Senegal after a few hours of persistence and learning how the system worked over a few different sessions. 

30 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get one win at least. I'd also then immediately be checking the FA's bank account of the team they lost to

That convenient Sadio Mane injury 😉

36 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Now FIFA appear to be angry that they're not allowed to sell alcohol outside stadiums.

TBH FIFA, you can't have it both ways. You took cash and had the most corrupt process bar maybe South Africa to get it there, and now you're complaining about the consequences of handing a World Cup to a nation with no interest in football culture, no interest in Western values and no interest in doing anything except for using your tournament in their sportswashing attempt. "#¤"# off.

If that is one of the criteria, why is USA getting to host it again?

Â