Battlefield 4

villarule123

This is a great game, but the social side to it is appalling.

No parties, kicks you out of your friend's team, it's total bullshit and makes me want to turn the game off, especially when it puts me into a team that loses 100-45

:wave:  You have to be in a squad, in order not to be moved around, so to speak.

Press start (options), team setup, then join the player you want to be in a squad with (5 in a squad max).  Then you won't keep getting moved around and stuff.

Good games tonight though, had fun! 

Getting used to sniping now, I just want to unlock the sniper rifles and then I'm onto DMR's.. which I traditionally hate.. :(

Long range?

hmm. it's interesting because Assault Rifles are 2nd only to Sniper Rifles in terms of power at distance.

You're right though, Sar21 would be very good at range because of the low rate of fire (which is the trade off).  Have you tried the M16a4 or the AK12?

The M16 is burst fire (3 rounds) now, but that would give you 3 shots which if you aim centre mass (chest area) would give you either 2 body shots/1 head shot or 1 body/2 head shots because of the little recoil it has.

The AK12 is another relatively slow rate of fire gun at 680 rounds per min, but if you put it into burst fire mode (2 round bursts) it effectively turns the gun into an AN94, which can achieve 1000 rounds per minutes.  

The best all round assault rifle in the game is he M416, it has really nice recoil (just vertical) so you just have to compensate by keeping your thumb stick down a touch.  But it has a great RPM (750) and is just a good all rounder.

The best ranged assault rifle though and one I would recommend using at distance is the Scar-H.  It does 38 damage per bullet (all the others are 25), it has quite heavy recoil and it only has 26 rounds in a clip.  The power is the trade off for this weapon, and you'll only get 3 kills max with it per clip and it also fires pretty slowly at 620RPM.  However, if you burst fire it (or tap fire it) 2/3 bullets at a time, you'll put people down extremely quickly.

Don't forget, if the gun is a bullpup (the clip is behind the stock), so guns like the SAR21 and the AUG A3, QBZ-95-1 & the L85A2, you can strafe faster than you can if it's not a bullpup.  This gives you more mobility around corners, or if you're going against a recon.

Just a few tips.

Lastly, villarule123, stop using the AK12 pls. ;)

Edited by lapal_fan

Well if the game wasn't so retarded and it would let me edit my class out of a round then I would do it, but it's a total ball ache to do so. I'll probably try out the Engineer class tonight, or maybe the M4/SAR

Edited by villarule123

Lol, you've never been able to change load out between rounds :)

Before you press go, just press square and have a little explore, takes me about 30 seconds to decide what I'm going to use, look at all the attachments etc and then go into game :D

Yea I agree, it was a very useful function.  Maybe they took it out because everyone has parties now? 

All you have to do is let the leader join a game (make sure there's enough room for everyone, then every can join "on him/her".  

To be honest, I've never altered my loadout before I joined a round, it just became 2nd nature to me to join a map, have an idea of what I'm going to use and then quickly just alter my loadout in game.  

It was useful I suppose, but DICE are really pushing battlelog, so they're encouraging you to use that too. 

Yeah I can see why and there is a way to join your friends and that's what my friends and I do.

But we shouldn't have to jump loops just to play with each other. No other multiplayer game with squad functions has this sort of impediment.

So tempted to trade in, I see there is a new patch for every system apart from my XONE. Sucks that I'll be losing out on money because of a game that doesn't work properly but hey, what can you do!

The crashes to dashboard are so annoying, I actually enjoy playing the game but the crashes/problems getting in to games and such just aren't worth the hassle. 

:(

Edited by samjp26

Why do people trade in games because they're not patient?

It's gamers fault they release half hearted shit.

They're releasing patches all the time, when it happens send a report detailing what map and mode you are on, DICE read every error report.

Â