Adama Traore

mwj

10 hours ago, birdman said:

Bit of a shame really. Physically a beast but lacks a footballing brain.

Said this many moons ago, when I was a kid playing as a defender the amount of times you get coached to stand the attacker up, slow him down take all the angles away and make him do something... I watched this guy vs spurs, he was standing the defender up.. He comes short to get the ball to feet, slows the game down to a crawl and then looked to explode past him like he wants to beat his man, that was his mindset, never once looked to play on the shoulder or being looking for a diagonal switch in behind the full back which was on all day long, never made that run for his team mates, it was almost like he had tiki taka ingrained on his brain and he wanted the 5 yard pass to him when it's blatantly not his game, he should just be making 30/40 runs in behind the full back game after game

• Like 1

I was fuming we barely played him during that relegation season. Not that I think we'd have got many more points, but at least he might have provided some entertainment and/or comedy. 

Always wonder with players like this, if they'd had a couple of years playing under someone like Emery in their early twenties, could he have imparted the knowledge of the game to make him a proper player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair to him he completely made their winner yesterday

Always said he was a great player. 

Â