Fastest player in PL and Championship

momo

Fastest player in the game is from Bundesliga 2, so don't think that matters too much.

Looking through the list I think they struggle to pick up that players age and get slower,

a lot of 30+ players are set with the pace they had at the top of the game.

Is there no acceleration to go with pace? A lot of those players are incredible off the mark but don't have top end speed, often seen with small players. Whereas bigger players like Toure are rapid when going full tilt, it just takes longer to get there.

That was always Michael Owens big asset his acceleration over 10-15 yards.

In reality, I recon Gabby is one of the fastest players in the world. When he hits top pace, he never gets caught. Maybe Ronaldo is quicker, I think he probably accelerates quicker. 

think ive only ever seen 1 defender outpace Gabby in a race for the ball and that was Kaboul 

• Like 1

Is there no acceleration to go with pace? A lot of those players are incredible off the mark but don't have top end speed, often seen with small players. Whereas bigger players like Toure are rapid when going full tilt, it just takes longer to get there.

That was Michael Owens big asset his acceleration over 10-15 yards until he got injured.

Fixed ;)

In reality, I recon Gabby is one of the fastest players in the world. When he hits top pace, he never gets caught. Maybe Ronaldo is quicker, I think he probably accelerates quicker. 

think ive only ever seen 1 defender outpace Gabby in a race for the ball and that was Kaboul 

Us Spurs fans think Kaboul and Walker are our fastest players, and yet this site has Kaboul slower than Eriksen and Lloris. Personally, I think they've just made it up.

Edited by TartarugaJones

Benteke is also not in the top 25 for heading but Petr Cech is.

And that really is bullshit. Benteke's the best header of a ball in the PL, and imo by a mile! What is this site, do we know anything about how they decide the rankings? Or is it just a bunch of know little numpties making it up as they go along?

Â