FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

It's funny to see Platini speak out against FIFA corruption. The frenchman who ensured that every bidder for UEFA 2016 met with the french president, but didn't afford the same luxury to the leaders of other bidding countries. Platini who was in fasvour of a Qatar World Cup. He's as corrupt as they come. Every **** one of them is scum, they're just hoping the top people get picked off so they can take the spot at the top.

• Like 2

Interesting to see Platini publicly murder the reputation of his friend and mentor today - I think that's the measure of the way FIFA works, it was opportunism on a rare scale, devious, unadulterated ambition in the form of a massive character assassination, I wonder if he thinks he's got enough separation to keep himself clean?

It's like Game of Thrones.

• Like 1

Apparently in Corriere dello Sport will be reporting tomorrow that FIFA fixed matches, through referees, in the 2002 World Cup. Not entirely sure what evidence they have for it, but anyone with eyes could see that Italy v Korea game was fixed, Spain v Korea was pretty blatant too. 

• Like 2

Apparently in Corriere dello Sport will be reporting tomorrow that FIFA fixed matches, through referees, in the 2002 World Cup. Not entirely sure what evidence they have for it, but anyone with eyes could see that Italy v Korea game was fixed, Spain v Korea was pretty blatant too. 

Yeah, I recall thinking it was pretty obvious at the time. Still, made a nice change for the Italians to be the victims of cheating for a change.

Yep, the Korea - Spain game is one of the biggest fixes I've ever seen, I seem to remember Spain getting two clear goals disallowed. 

I sincerely hope that this event will end up putting a total end to the existence of FIFA, I want them to collapse and the next two world cups to be cancelled.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

movie is already made, Tim Roth is Blatter ;)

Thought that looked interesting but reading up apparently 90%  of the funding came from FIFA and Tim Roth himself said he was annoyed there was nothing about corruption, underhand dealing or back stabbing in the script.

• Like 1

Thought that looked interesting but reading up apparently 90%  of the funding came from FIFA and Tim Roth himself said he was annoyed there was nothing about corruption, underhand dealing or back stabbing in the script.

You thought it looked interesting?

A film made and financed by FIFA? Where Sepp Blatter is the plucky hero and defies the odds to....make world cups happen? 

Sepp even said himself that "Tim did a good job of playing me"

Did you really think it looked interesting...?

Here's John Oliver's take on it, posted again if nobody has seen it:

"Who makes a movie where the heroes are the executives?"

Edited by limpid
fixed embed
  • Like 1

No shock there.

A film made and financed by FIFA? Where Sepp Blatter is the plucky hero and defies the odds to....make world cups happen? 

OK I'll make it clearer for you.

I watched the trailer (without sound) and thought it looked like an interesting film.

I then read up about the FIFA funding stuff and that the cast thought it missed out all the stories of corruption etc.

I now no longer think it looks like an interesting.

OK I'll make it clearer for you.

I watched the trailer (without sound) and thought it looked like an interesting film.

I then read up about the FIFA funding stuff and that the cast thought it missed out all the stories of corruption etc.

I now no longer think it looks like an interesting.

tumblr_inline_mvv37q8FMd1ro2x8m.jpg

I do recommend Oliver's rant though. 

• Like 3

Disagree. You can't strip Qatar on the basis the process is bent and not do it for Russia. They will go ahead as scheduled.

I was thinking that maybe Qatar will lose it on the basis of the reluctance to host a winter tournament but you're probably right.

Maybe strip Qatar on the basis that they've used slave labour to build the stadia and the outrageous death toll of said slaves. 

• Like 3

(2002 World Cup hosted in South Korea/Japan)

The World Cup South Korea in which somehow made it to the semi finals. As you can see with the help of corrupt refeeres and linesmen.

Guess who was in charge of referees for this tournament. One Jack Warner.

The sooner this bunch of corrupt bastards is bought down the better, every single last one of them including Blatter.

Not seen much about it today, but Italian media dragging their 2002 elimination from the World Cup into this FIFA crisis. Warner chose refs.

Edited by Avfc96

Â