FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

So which will be the first country to sue for the money that an unsuccessful world cup bid cost them?

I'm going to guess Australia given that they've already been very vocal about the manner in which they lost out, before all the brown stuff hit the fan.

surely a government meddling in football matters is enough for FIFA to ban USA national team like they have with other countries

The US national team has absolutely nothing to do with this. I bet the players are watching this unfold as we are. It's not like they are behind some master scheme to overthrow Blatter. This was done through the FBI. You can't hold the national team accountable for something the government is doing. 

I've heard Guzan is actually an FBI agent who's been in deep cover the last seven years.*

*this is not true

Visa, Coke, Hyundai, and Budweiser all reevaluating sponsorships.

Which is actually far more serious from the FIFA hierarchy's point of view than the arrests of its members, because being hit in the pocket is the only thing that really hurts them.  They're totally teflon about the other stuff.

UEFA will participate in the vote tomorrow. What a bunch of spineless morons.

I guess there is the possibility the UEFA votes help defeat Blatter. Platini says that even if he wins, UEFA will take things further and possibly pull out of FIFA and altogether.

Most of the sponsors will remain regardless I'd suspect. The reality is that none of this will have an effect on the viewing figures for the next World Cup so it'll remain beneficial to be apart of it.

Edited by Isa

maybe, but with blatter already being the likely winner if they pulled out then realistically blatter would walk it, instead platini has gone on record saying he has no faith in blatter and expects all 54 UEFA nations to vote for prince ali, that will have a huge impact on the vote 

like sharky says if the vote goes their way tomorrow then they've achieved what they want relatively peacefully, if they dont win it then we get to see how spineless they are

Visa, Coke, Hyundai, and Budweiser all reevaluating sponsorships.

Which is actually far more serious from the FIFA hierarchy's point of view than the arrests of its members, because being hit in the pocket is the only thing that really hurts them.  They're totally teflon about the other stuff.

Yup, this is the one and only opportunity we're likely to have for a meaningful restructuring of FIFA, or a complete breakaway by all the continental federations

Qatar at the very least still ought to be scrapped and re-voted on the principle there was a bid for a summer world cup. At the very least. Russia has more of an argument for staging it - it does at least have decent football sides and a fanbase over there. Even if they are racist homophobes.

If Qatar is dropped, you'd have to imagine it'll go to England purely because it'll need less to pull together than anywhere else. Surely the Qataris would sue FIFA though, given the money that's been put in post green light?

Â