how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Do the forecast in Mr Moss race with Standing Ovation. He's very strong fav so I'm happy with a place in that race, but with the forecast if we come 2nd we've a win on our hands at those odds.

I've been informed he had a breathing op in the summer Mr Moss, so my guess he had was correct. Let's hope for a big run.

Main hope is Top Gamble who is being utterly hammered in the betting, 7/2 and 3/1 he is now.

If you have a ladbrokes account there is a standout bet in the first race.

Betting without the favourite. Who is Standing Ovation. Mr Moss is 10/1 and still 3 places.

So essentially it's a 9 runner race where the fav gets excluded. It's excellent bet imo. I backed him again e/w with that.

Should've spotted Ruby Walsh was flying over to Cheltenham for 1 ride in the last race there. Horse won easy.

Poor day. But got a few nice ones tomorrow.

Won easy.

Edited by Folski

Cheltenham Saturday

12:40 Royal Irish Hussar -  is a seriously good horse, he has improved a lot last time and he stayed on so strongly you can only think the stiff hill finish at Cheltenham will play to his strengths. He’ll be short odds, so he’ll be doubled with the fantastic, future gold cup winner in my opinion

1:00 Champagne Fever – running at Punchestown in the Beginners chase. This horse was born to jump fences and he’s a dual Cheltenham festival winner already.

1:15 Shutthefrondoor – This looks a cracking race and African Gold could go on to be very good, but this is his first run over Fences and Shutthefrontdoor dug deep over 2m4f last time to win his debut. He’ll come on for that run and the step up to 3m will suit. He will be over priced with such a big name potential star along side him. Le Bec is also an interesting horse, could be worth a wee saver if price drifts too much.

3:00 Recession Proof e/w 22/1 – The co-owner posts on our racing forum and told us the horses is fit and ready to run, they don’t know if he will stay the 3m1f but he was staying on in the Supreme in 2011 when 5th behind now 170+ rated chaser Cue Card, Sprinter Sacre and Al Ferof. He runs in this off 136 so could be chucked in. Cooper has been booked to ride which is a great booking. The horse has had 2 spins on the flat to get him right for this. We won’t know if he’s as good as ever but at those odds we can take a chance.

2:30 Radjhani Express e/w – won over course and distance at Cheltenham festival, won then at Ayr when Sam his rider couldn’t claim his 5lbs. He gets to claim it now, horse is only 6 so is still improving and he loves good ground. He’s the e/w bet with Paddy Power paying 5 places. Wait till around 9am Saturday morning to bet as all the odds will be bigger then, should be 12/1 at least.

I’ve 4 antepost bets in this race though. Colour Squardon £20 @ 19/1. Ballynagour £20 @ 20/1, Conquisto £10 @ 64/1 and Tap Night £10 @ 43/1 also lost bet on Marito.

3:35 Indevan – Willie Mullins sends this horse over from Ireland. The horse absolutely needs good ground so last time out when the going was heavy he had no chance, so put a line through it. He comes here having run over the summer so won’t be lacking fitness. Should have a good chance.

Doubles

1:50 Goulanes 5/1

3:00 Edmund Kean 6/1

e/w double done on those two, they’re too short to bet outright but I think both have strong claims in those races.

I’ll post my final bets tomorrow morning. Looking forward to a great days racing.

Â