how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Should've spotted Ruby Walsh was flying over to Cheltenham for 1 ride in the last race there. Horse won easy.

Poor day. But got a few nice ones tomorrow.

Won easy.

Aye, was my mistake not spotting it until after my bet was placed on Edmaaj. Should've put a saver on him, but odds had got pretty short by then. Ah well.

Should've spotted Ruby Walsh was flying over to Cheltenham for 1 ride in the last race there. Horse won easy.

Poor day. But got a few nice ones tomorrow.

Won easy.

Aye, was my mistake not spotting it until after my bet was placed on Edmaaj. Should've put a saver on him, but odds had got pretty short by then. Ah well.

Ya to be fair with McCoy doing such a low weight he'd catch anyone's eye.

Have you Ballynagour at 20s? That's a real nice bet I really think he's a good chance tomorrow, traveled like a winner last time out but burst a blood vessel and faded fast. Could still be well in off 143 and Golden Chieftain franked his form with his win at The Festival.  

So bets for tomorrow Saturday

Cheltenham

12:40 - Royal Irish Hussar £60 @ 11/8 - Rare I bet one so short but this lad just impressed me so much.

1:15 - No bet - Shutthefrontdoor is too short @ 3/1, so didn't back him. If 4/1 becomes available I'll put £20 on

1:50 - Alvarado £10 @ 16/1 - is over priced here so had to back on value perspective

2:30 - Radjhani Express will be backed e/w tomorrow morning, have 4 others bet antepost

3:00 - Silver Eagle £30 @ 7/1 - Form boosted by Thomas Crapper winning today. Also have Recession Proof £10 e/w 22/1 as stated above.

3:35 - Indevan £10 e/w @ 8/1 - As I said put a line through last run because of the ground, sent over from Ireland and 8/1 is good value

Wetherby

1:30 Lookout Mountain £20 @ 3/1 - Won me a nice pot lto and he won it so well he still has plenty of improvement in him and is backed to go in again

3:15 - Fair Trade £30 @ 7/1 NB - hit every fence and fell when sent over fences, should have stuck to hurdling as he's still progressive winning 2 and going well when falling in the other. His form behind smart novices Forgotten Voice and Close Touch last season show he's well treated on 129. 7lb claimer can help his cause.

Uttoxeter

1:05 - Renard D'Irlande £50 @ 7/2 NAP - My bet of the day, this lad was very consistent last term going down to some good horses, his runs behind 150+ rated chasers Majala and Grandioso last term shows he's got plenty more to offer than his current mark of 124. Seems at his best fto and his stable is in great form with some big winners coming first time out.  

Edited by CVByrne

May be tempted with a little bit of e/w on my old friend Wishfull Thinking in the Paddy Power tomorrow (seems rather overpriced at 33s in places). Backed John's Spirit last time out and at 8s in places isn't too skinny.

In the Lookout Mountain race (Wetherby 1.30), I did put the current fav (Flicka Williams) down in the notebook as one to probably keep on the right side of after it won well last time (though the form of the race may not have worked out brilliantly). 11/4 with Power and SJ.

Snowy I had a few shillings on Wishfull on Betfair at 60.0 when I saw he was declared. He has a great chance centre now Finians is top weight.

Electric Avenue. I've decided to post every bet place and the stakes from now in to show you can make money. Today I had Eastlake ew. Balthazar King and my mate sent me a tip for a bumper horse in the last at Newcastle Chidswell which dug me out today.

But since they weren't posted in this thread prior to betting it's aftertiming so can't be counted in any p&l here.

Edited by CVByrne

So bets for tomorrow Saturday

Cheltenham

12:40 - Royal Irish Hussar £60 @ 11/8 - Rare I bet one so short but this lad just impressed me so much.

1:15 - No bet - Shutthefrontdoor is too short @ 3/1, so didn't back him. If 4/1 becomes available I'll put £20 on

1:50 - Alvarado £10 @ 16/1 - is over priced here so had to back on value perspective

2:30 - Radjhani Express will be backed e/w tomorrow morning, have 4 others bet antepost

3:00 - Silver Eagle £30 @ 7/1 - Form boosted by Thomas Crapper winning today. Also have Recession Proof £10 e/w 22/1 as stated above.

3:35 - Indevan £10 e/w @ 8/1 - As I said put a line through last run because of the ground, sent over from Ireland and 8/1 is good value

Wetherby

1:30 Lookout Mountain £20 @ 3/1 - Won me a nice pot lto and he won it so well he still has plenty of improvement in him and is backed to go in again

3:15 - Fair Trade £30 @ 7/1 NB - hit every fence and fell when sent over fences, should have stuck to hurdling as he's still progressive winning 2 and going well when falling in the other. His form behind smart novices Forgotten Voice and Close Touch last season show he's well treated on 129. 7lb claimer can help his cause.

Uttoxeter

1:05 - Renard D'Irlande £50 @ 7/2 NAP - My bet of the day, this lad was very consistent last term going down to some good horses, his runs behind 150+ rated chasers Majala and Grandioso last term shows he's got plenty more to offer than his current mark of 124. Seems at his best fto and his stable is in great form with some big winners coming first time out.  

+£352.50 those picks were. 

-£200 from Friday

+£5 from Thurday

-£40 from Wednesday

Current +£117.50

Tomorrow will be tricky lots of strong favs

• Like 1

I like Sausalito Sunrise in the first tomorrow at Cheltenham. Backed e/w £10 @ 7/1 

Think I spotted a little gem in the feature race tomorrow at 3:15 called Rawnaq. Was last seen over hurdles running at Galway Festival. Was hammered in the betting that day from 20/1 in to 9/1 but after travelling well he tired in the mud. All his form is on good ground so the ground here will suit him. 28/1 seems a big price here. 

Edited by CVByrne

I'm gutted Lookout Mountain blundered last 2 hurdles when about to saunter home. Seriously unlucky that was.

I didn't have the benefit of watching the whole race (just caught the last couple of flights on the Racing UK replay) but I'm not as sure as you are of that.

I thought they (yours and mine) were both going as well as each other - admittedly the blunders at the last two took a length or two out of Lookout Mountain.

Only being able to see the last bit of the Paddy Power on RUK, too, I thought that Colour Squadron was the unluckier of the two - how much John's Spirit was idling rather than running on empty one can't say.

Disappointed that Wishful couldn't have made up the couple of lengths to get in to 5th (as Skybet were paying 5 places) but still - happy with the singles and double on the above mentioned two.

Nice call on Alvarado, Conor.

I think Lookout Mountain had that bar those mistakes, it's the one at the 2nd last when he was cruising which took him off the bridle. Was gutting that Colour Squadron got so badly hampered, he had to switch right then and he always hangs badly left, which he did again after jumping the last as he needs that rail. Ah well racing is full of those moments. I got a bit lucky with Renard D'Irelande, swings and roundabouts.

Cheers on Alvarado, he had to be backed on a value perspective. 

I've 3 tomorrow so far, two mentioned on last page and Backed Bucks Bond there £20 @ 7/1 in the 1:50 at Fontwell. 

Â