how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Dick's Tips for Tuesday:

Ruby Valentine 10/1 ew 1:00 Fakenham

Uncle Dermot 6/1 e/w 12.40 Southall

Hannah's Turn 10/3 win 3.40 Southall

Ruby Valentine wins @ 10/1 ! - 29p profit

Uncle Dermot non-runner

Aye Folski, horse is a 3 miler and AP is famouse for his drive, think it would've been close, feel a bit gutted by the fall tbh. Lucky Powers are doing this November offer though about falling at the last.

But

Lingfield 3:20 - Young Hurricane £10 @ 11/4 - Some decent form over hurdles, fell on chase debut on 7th start last season, given summer off and had nice prep back over hurdles lto. Sam Twisten-Davies has been booked and it's his only ride also. Testing ground is a bit of a worry though.

Young Hurricane goes in, huzzah :D

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

I do my own ratings on horses unfortunately I've been very busy at work till last Thursday but I've a rating done on Devil's Bride (I must check it so am far from certain) but I reckon it was a low 100, the Walsh/Mullins combination is likely to see him be a short price and a chance can be taken on Ally Cascade. He also has smart novice form finishing 2nd the likes of Jezki. No prices yet, should be home in an hour and I'll say what my rating was.

My rating for Devil's Bride win was 117, I don't have a rating for Ally Cascade but he's officially rated 134. He's first time out tomorrow tomorrow but I think he's good enough to win this, course and distance winner as well.

Speed ratings and all that make sense for flat but have near no merit imo for Jumps. It's flat people trying to shoehorn their methods into National Hunt.

I don't think ratings matter for Graded races tbh, class of horses usually finds a way  though. 

But when it comes to h/c I look to see if a horse has scope to be better than current mark in the conditions. Simple example 3 runs over 2m in maiden hurdles where he's staying on at the end and now has h/c mark (need 3 runs to get a mark) then steps up in trip to 2m4f for first run in a handicap. These are the obvious ones where the conditions will now suit the horse more (extra distance) meaning he has scope for improvement over his current mark. 

Warwick 1:20 - Minella for Party - £20 e/w & £10 win @ 11/2   – Appeared to be needing the run and ran out of steam fto over fences when well backed at Towcester last month. It’s possible his wind was at him as he now wears a tongue tie. Beforeall was 10l ahead that day getting 5lbs and that horse scored by 7l on Monday at Plumpton when upped in trip. 

Minella's stepped up in trip now which will suit as he proved when staying on over 2m5f on his last start last season. Also being by Flemsfirth the forecast rain will be of help too. He jumped well on his debut which will be an asset here at Warwick. Also p2p winner over 20f and cost £75k purchase, would be disappointing to all if he wasn't better than 110 

Minella looks very solid e/w bet here at 11/2 
Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

Fell at the last :angry:

But luckily Paddy Power refund losing bets this month if your horse falls at the last so money back. Huzzah

Would have like to have seen the finish in that one.

Watched the replay and I'm certain Dursey had that. Also Racing Post Race analysis said the same race was his if he jumped the last.

Speed ratings and all that make sense for flat but have near no merit imo for Jumps. It's flat people trying to shoehorn their methods into National Hunt.

I don't think ratings matter for Graded races tbh, class of horses usually finds a way  though. 

But when it comes to h/c I look to see if a horse has scope to be better than current mark in the conditions. Simple example 3 runs over 2m in maiden hurdles where he's staying on at the end and now has h/c mark (need 3 runs to get a mark) then steps up in trip to 2m4f for first run in a handicap. These are the obvious ones where the conditions will now suit the horse more (extra distance) meaning he has scope for improvement over his current mark. 

I've only started doing it the last two weeks but so far so good it's put me off a few horses I may have backed and put me onto some winners such as Uxizandre, and some nearly theres like Sametegal.

2:15 Fairyhouse - Rough Justice £20 @ 5/2 - Was a staying on 2nd in his 2m maiden hurdle behind Bishopslough when giving the winner 8lbs. Bishopslough went on to run a good 4 2nd to City Slicker in h/c hurdle on Sun. Also in that maiden in 3rd was Bawntameena who came 2nd nto in a maiden.

Rought Justice steps up to 2m4f today which will suit. while he meets his main 2 rivals on level weights today. Though not a weak maiden I still think he's value at 5/2 especially with Mullins string firing now.

Â