Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Well, no surprises in today’s results.

Ireland barely had to get out of second gear, despite Wales rallying for 20 minutes in the second half.

I totally expected Scotland to win but England played their part (both in a good and a bad way) in the match.

England had a good game plan but it was so so poorly executed, which gifted Scotland into the game. 

Fair play to Scotland, they took their chances in clinical fashion. 

Way too many individual errors ultimately cost England the game and the return of Ollie Lawrence had no impact whatsoever. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Huge win for Italy there

Scotland going 20+ phases at the end, no way England can do that. 

Sensational game of rugby - had everything! 

so pleased for Italy - after the first 20 minutes I thought they were already dead and buried but what a turnaround!!!

So nice to watch a game with minimal handling errors and no kicks after the 3rd phase!!!

Talking of which, England up next (to stink the weekend of rugby out!) 

Not a rugby person and only just caught on that second half, great game. Thought that conversion onto the post might have cost Italy the game, fair play to them

Ps. I can see why people voted for Giorgia meloni, lookin good

Best 25 minutes of rugby by England this tournament.

Clearly worked on their handling and positioning.

still don’t expect them to win this match but it’s all positive at the moment

• Like 1

a surprisingly good half by England, yet we still go into the break behind to Ireland. 

Furbank is by far the weakest link - how he’s picked over Freddie Steward I do not know.

I think it kind of sums England up that they’ve somehow managed to go in behind after their best performance in ages. 

Couple of really, really poor kicks at goal from Ford. 

Ireland will run away with this. 

• Like 2

Haha yes! I didn’t think they had it in them but fair play, that was awesome!

Not going to lie, it’s pretty satisfying to be the ones denying the Grand Slam for once, rather the other way round 😊. Lost count of how many times Ireland have done it to us. 

• Like 2

Meh 🙄

2nd best today in fairness. Can't understand the (sometimes) over the top criticism by England fans. They looked really useful and games are won and lost on the finest of margins

40 minutes ago, JB said:

Great try. I think Ford needs to hand the kicking duties over, though FFS. 

agree but to whom?

unfortunately these top kickers (farrell, sexton etc) just make it look so easy and it's really not. unfortunately not having someone like that can hold you back if the rest of your game isn't tip top

amazing to get the win in spite of the missed points.

• Like 1

That’s the best England have played in a long time. Handling errors were down to a minimum. The odd wrong decision (DC trying a kick through with two on the clock killed me) at times. But we deserved the win, we left some points out there.

People will say Ireland didn’t play well, and they didn’t but England forced that. 
Ben Earl deservedly MOTM.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

These 2 results combined must be up there with the biggest shock of 6 nations combined 

Just hope Wales don’t join the party against France 😬 

Â