Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

I missed most of yesterday's game, (gutted) caught the last 10 minutes. When we kicked instead of going for a 5yrd put in, I actually thought, "you bottled it," but to still get the victory, in a manner that so was unlike the England of the last few years, was exhilarating to say the least. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

These 2 results combined must be up there with the biggest shock of 6 nations combined 

No, England beating Ireland was not expected, but at Twickenham, it's not that unlikely, after all, we went further than Ireland in the World Cup.

Italy beating Scotland is altogether a totally different thing and I think the odds before the game of the respective victors would have shown that.

Crazy game of rugby in Wales where France basically outmuscled Wales to record a convincing win.

Wales played well first half and exposed France’s defence well but second half France clicked into gear off the back of a very solid forwards platform. 

Wales looked devoid of ideas and will surely be worried about the Italy game in the final week. 

Superb result for Italy in Cardiff - their best ever 6 Nations and should’ve had a penalty retaken to beat France. 

Wales looked clueless until a couple of replacements came on. Their transitional phase is going to be long and painful as they just don’t have the talent coming through in their domestic league. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Superb result for Italy in Cardiff - their best ever 6 Nations and should’ve had a penalty retaken to beat France. 

Wales looked clueless until a couple of replacements came on. Their transitional phase is going to be long and painful as they just don’t have the talent coming through in their domestic league. 

I think there'll be lots of reflection after this tbh. The fans consoling themselves with it being a young team is only going to last so long. The WRU stumble from embarassing expose to embarassing expose. And you're not alone in bemoaning the state of the proverbial conveyor belt.

The reality of gutting the national league structure chasing the money with the franchises along the M4 is hitting home I think. The way Ireland set up the provinces might be the way out of it if 3 or 4 teams is Wales's quota in the professional structure over by here. But in reality the professional game is being run by the WRU in Cardiff in a very Cardiff centric way.

Places like Pontypridd, Neath, Ebbw Vale and so on that historically churned out players are places with real social issues, poverty, unemployment, crime, drugs - and will likely never have the funding to compete or even operate at any national level.

It's far from the death knell of Welsh Rugby but they're proper hurting tonight. The streets are deserted by me.

• Like 1

France far too powerful for England so far. Couple that with England losing the ball in contact and it’s not been a great half for us. That time of the try at the end  is so vital though. 

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

get in. We’ve came out with intensity from the off 

And again!!! 

superb response by England

Edited by theboyangel

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm sure Dallagio has slipped down to that dressing room at half-time and slipped the England team an E each. Total transformation from England from the England team. 

Is he known for taking e?

Â