Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

• 1 month later...

interesting and commendable by Farrell to take this approach. 

I'm not his biggest fan and at times hinders the way England play but hats off for putting his health first.

This will be a massive opportunity for Smith to nail down his spot at fly half and hopefully give England a more attacking slant during the six nations. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Rees-Zammitt leaving rugby for NFL. Such a shock, and at such a young age. Shows how bad Welsh rugby has become. The regional sport just couldn’t afford him. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Rees-Zammitt leaving rugby for NFL. Such a shock, and at such a young age. Shows how bad Welsh rugby has become. The regional sport just couldn’t afford him. 

That is a huge blow for Wales!

sadly (for them) his ideal replacement Feyi-Waboso at Exeter Chiefs looks like he’s opted for England.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to settling down to tonight’s opener between France and Ireland… should be the decider but I think this will be the most open six nations for some time.

i don’t expect anyone to win the grand slam 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Looking forward to settling down to tonight’s opener between France and Ireland… should be the decider but I think this will be the most open six nations for some time.

i don’t expect anyone to win the grand slam 

If France win today, then they could easily get the slam. But agree it’ll be a good six nations, a lot of change for most teams. 
Although I’m going to get fed up of them tonight saying how this should’ve been the WC final. 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

The Irish are just so relentless 

Absolutely monster start for them.

they’re dragging them all over the place and making France look so slow getting to the breakdown. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Absolutely monster start for them.

they’re dragging them all over the place and making France look so slow getting to the breakdown. 

Yep if they keep this up throughout, no team are getting near them in this tournament and they’ll get the slam comfortably 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Game over now with that red. Ireland get 50 points now 

I had a feeling France would struggle to keep their full complement on the pitch. 

no way back from this now (unless Ireland somehow contrive to implode!)

Ooh game on!

try for France and Ireland down to 14 for 10 mins!

Big few minutes for France!

edit- or maybe not! Fair play to Ireland!

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Ireland have been brilliant 

Excellent performance, France didn't get going and then the brainless red card finished them. 

Hard to see anything but an Ireland GrandSlam now, only England can stop them. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen a worse start by England. They're clueless. 

I hate the way Jones and now Borthwick want to go with a power game when we just don't have the type of forwards to do it and be effective.

The gap in the levels between Ireland, France, compared to us is now largely down to the standard of the club competitions. The English teams are so much worse, largely because of the salary cap.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The gap in the levels between Ireland, France, compared to us is now largely down to the standard of the club competitions. The English teams are so much worse, largely because of the salary cap.

We have to have the salary cap though, it’s not sustainable to allow excessive spending. We’ve lost so many clubs recently.

What they should allow is players abroad to play for England. 

Â