Libor Kozák

samjp26

Kozak is not part of our 2 main strikers. Gabby is far more important than him and is better than him played down the middle and if weimman finds a bit of form so will he be.

That's our problem, we always have to cling to hope that someone will 'find their form' in a position they dont even play in...

Can't believe how unlucky we are with injuries & suspensions. Just as the window opens we lose a player instead of purchasing one. We will now need to cover this position too & it may mean we miss out on one of our original listed transfer targets.

Get well soon Libor, 4 goals in 12 games was not a bad return, especially acting predominantly as cover & not playing regularly.

You will be missed, no question.

I really don't understand the talk about whether he's a loss or not as it's clearly a loss for the team as we are player down regardless of perceived quality or not. For me personally I am a fan of Libor as he's come into a new team, into a new league where he's barely getting game time and has done quite well. It's this that saddens me the most as he'll get better as he adjusts to the league and now his adjustment has been delayed. He's a loss for sure. 

• Like 1

Is he a loss or not? Lets see..

Could he come in & score goals if a striker is injured/suspended?  Yes

Could Bowrey or Helineous?  No

Is anyone else capable of filling this role?  No

As I see it, every time we need to replace Benteke (& possibly Gabby or Weiman), our 1st choice back up is not available. Bringing in Kozac would not have disrupted the team greatly, as proven.

Could he come in & score goals if a striker is injured/suspended? Yes

Could Bowrey or Helineous? No

Is anyone else capable of filling this role? No

As I see it, every time we need to replace Benteke (& possibly Gabby or Weiman), our 1st choice back up is not available. Bringing in Kozac would not have disrupted the team greatly, as proven.

He's nowhere near mobile enough for me, he's an incredibly limited player. I'd have preferred to see Gabby central.

I shouldn't have to add but I feel I must, I am obviously gutted for him and hope he recovers fully and goes on to prove me wrong.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Priceless-So play Gabby out of position & then replace him with an inferior replacement

Not sure how you work out weakening two positions does less damage to the side than weakening just one?

Gabby out of position. He's a forward and played there for many years.

• Like 1

Priceless-So play Gabby out of position & then replace him with an inferior replacement

Not sure how you work out weakening two positions does less damage to the side than weakening just one?

Gabby is more than capable of playing as a striker. I think he's better there, but clearly we're also better with him out wide than not at all when Benteke is fit and raring.

I prefer Albrighton/Gabby over Gabby/Kozak. It's just another opinion to your own.

• Like 2

We have tonev, weimman, Albrighton and possibly even bacuna as options out wide if gabby is moved central.

John I think you have just pointed out the problem with your own solution?

Gabby can play up top. IF Benteke gets injured again then Gabby can fill in. We have cover!

Who do we currently have in midfield who can pull strings and create chances!?

That is the biggest problem with this side. We could have Suarez up front but at the moment our midfield can pass straight over 5 yards sideways. A creative player is more valuable to us than another striker currently. With a good creative player we could play Baker up front and still get goals!

Could he come in & score goals if a striker is injured/suspended?  Yes

Could Bowrey or Helineous?  No

Is anyone else capable of filling this role?  No

Well seeing as Helenius has never been given a chance, that's a pretty baseless statement I'd say.

Not really as he's been signed as potential, not as 1st team quality at this moment in time.

Miles off 1st team level at this stage which explains why Bowrey gets the nod ahead of him on the subs bench.

If people could try to grasp this fact, it might help somewhat in understanding the need to sign Kozac when we did-I won't be holding my breath though.

Â