Libor Kozák

samjp26

We will miss his goals second half of the season. Helanius and Bowrey don't look capable of making the same contribution.

But gabby, weimman and benteke are all capable of scoring a lot more than they currently have.

John, they're capable of doing it but we're now relying on them to do it. I bet you, as well as most of the rest of us, have complained about the effort and lack of goal threat from Benteke and Weimann this season?! Fair enough, Gabby is on song at the moment but we all know that he plays in fits and starts. He could go the rest of the season without scoring and it wouldn't be too surprising to some.

On top of this, we have to remember that Benteke and Gabby have been injured this season and losing either or both of them for a sustained period is also not out of the question.

Kozak is no world beater but he's proven to get a goal or two already this season and I can't say the same about Weimann, Bowery or Helenius right now. That's what concerns me about this injury.

• Like 1

The most worrying thing is if Lambert has to spend the rest of his budget on another striker, just when we are looking to add a bit of quality at the back or in the middle of the park.

He doesn't 'have to' though. He has five strikers at his disposal.

The most worrying thing is if Lambert has to spend the rest of his budget on another striker, just when we are looking to add a bit of quality at the back or in the middle of the park.

Nursey has quoted Lambert as saying he needs to buy another striker.

Nursey has quoted Lambert as saying he needs to buy another striker.

So? Nobody is forcing him to.

Edited by Isa

I don't think anyone needs to if he's the one making the decisions... Being the manager after all..

Blind-faith if I ever saw it...
Every now and again I see posters in off topic that state they avoid the main section of the site due to posters who can start an argument in an empty house. Maybe if you have the gumption to re-read the posts you may understand that this has nothing to do with blind faith whatsoever, and maybe a lesson in the English language would help too - good luck.
  • Like 2

I don't think anyone needs to if he's the one making the decisions... Being the manager after all..

Blind-faith if I ever saw it...
Every now and again I see posters in off topic that state they avoid the main section of the site due to posters who can start an argument in an empty house. Maybe if you have the gumption to re-read the posts you may understand that this has nothing to do with blind faith whatsoever, and maybe a lesson in the English language would help too - good luck.

What a moronic post. Despite us having five strikers available, you basic argument as to why we need to waste the little money we have on another one is because Lambert says so.

Lambert's quotes make it sound pretty bad, I wonder if we are talking about a Luc Nilis situation?

‘Kozak has got a bad one,’ said Villa manager Paul Lambert. ‘It was a nothing challenge. It’s a massive blow.

‘I honestly thought it was just a clash of boots with Ciaran Clark. There was no noise from Libor. No-one thought anything of it. Then they saw it.

Confirmed it was in a challenge with Chuckle Brother #1.

Where have I said we need another striker? Try your best to read the posts.

You argued that Lambert might 'have to' sign one just because Kozak is injured.
I said it was worrying if he has to, which was based on quotes from the man himself, who surprisingly has the final say in these matters.

Given I am worried that he seems to be going in this direction is hardly an argument for the case is it.

Important that Clark isn't made a scapegoat for this by anyone.

Clark will be feeling bad enough as it is and I hope it doesn't affect his confidence on the pitch as we're going to need him.

Agree.

I'd lose my faith in Villa fans if some blamed Clark for this. Clark has much improved this season and long may it continue. I hope it doesn't effect Clark mentally, as he can't be feeling to great about it.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Â