AndyClarke

For a change I was gonna wait to get this untill the first few patches. I always go through the same cycle each year of starting new games as the patches come out and by the time the game is good the love for it is gone again. Then I watched a 'let's play' and I couldn't resist. Good timing as well as I have a million other work-related things I should rather be doing right now :)

Aim to win everythign with villa then ill start with a lower league team, always fun!

Only league cup so far into my 3rd season :(

I've always enjoyed starting in the lower leagues... Much more forgiving I find

• Like 1

Played 11 games in the league so far. Doing alright sitting in 10th place with 16 pts. I'm usually creating lots though so there are encouraging signs that I can climb once the strikers get their act together. Also reached the quarters of the Capital one cup but drew Man Utd away and not looking forward to that.

Have looked pretty solid so far except away against Utd and Liverpool with a 6-1 and 4-1 loss. I did win 3-1 against Liverpool but then the game crashed before I was able to save it.

Struggled for goals at first starting with a Lambert like tactic, but I've moved away from that and now play a narrow 4312 through the middle and it's looking a lot better.

I wasn't able to sell anyone so I payed £2.2m to release Hutton, which opened the way to get Honda for £1.1m. So far (aside from all the defenders getting awesome AVR) Honda and Agbonlahor have been the stand out players. Benteke has had a few brilliant games, and then he's had quite a few where he has missed 5+ decent chances and gotten around 5.5 rating. I did piss him off early in the season by fining him after a horrid performance so I'm guessing he'll come good eventually. Bacuna and Sylla also started moaning about the squad size when I brought in Honda, and now Guzan dislikes Bacuna, so I guess the squad harmony can be at fault for the odd bad games.

Edit: and then the game crashed again. That's three times since the update last night, whereas it was fine before. Now I have to play Liverpool again.

Edited by tarjei

Touch wood no crashes yet.

Same so far.

I left DMSK Deinze after being relegated from the Belgian Pro League, the club wouldn't give me a transfer budget at all or even a wage budget higher than £15k. Impossible to compete at top level even in Belgium.

My experience has landed me a job in England though, Rotherham in League One who are currently at the bottom of the table. Time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.

Apperently it helps to clear the cache (when the game is not running)

To delete your cache, please do the following:

Windows XP:
1. Click "Start" then click "Run"
2. Type the following into the run box and press "Enter": %appdata% (Make sure you press Enter, it may otherwise say 'No items match your search')
3. Go into the "Sports Interactive" Folder.
4. Go to the "Football Manager 2014" Folder.
5. Delete the "Cache" Folder found inside here.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click "Start"
2. Within the "Search Programs and Files" box, paste the following then press "Enter": %localappdata%/sports interactive/football manager 2014 (Make sure you press Enter, it may otherwise say 'No items match your search')
3. Delete "Cache" folder

Windows 8
1. Click "Desktop."
2. Launch a file explorer window (a folder for example or just press the windows key + the letter "E" at the same time)
3. In the address bar at the top copy and paste the following then press "Enter": %localappdata%/sports interactive/football manager 2014 (Make sure you press Enter, it may otherwise say 'No items match your search')
4. Delete the "Cache" folder"

I find it impossible to win anything with Villa tend to favour my favourite players at the club or stay loyal to the current crop of players.

I tend to have the same problem so try to start in the lower leagues.

• Like 1

Â