AndyClarke

Just had one of those games where you know the game wants to beat you.

4-1 up into the 88th minute and my player gets injured, I bring on a sub and then slow play down and time waste. Next thing another player gets injured and then they score a break-away goal, 4-2. Game restarts and my player passes the ball and it goes straight to their winger - he does a Messi-like jinking run and scores from 30 yards, 4-3. I then decide to go a bit more rigid, but the game starts and there is 5 mins injury time, once again my player gives them the ball - another player is running towards my goal where he is brought down for a penalty, 4-4. My this point I have no idea what is going on, but before I can do anything my player on a yellow brings their striker down on the edge of the box, red card and a goal from the free kick (from their defensive mid, no goals this season), 5-4 and then I try to make a sub again but the game speeds through the last four minutes.

Scripted.

Just had one of those games where you know the game wants to beat you.

4-1 up into the 88th minute and my player gets injured, I bring on a sub and then slow play down and time waste. Next thing another player gets injured and then they score a break-away goal, 4-2. Game restarts and my player passes the ball and it goes straight to their winger - he does a Messi-like jinking run and scores from 30 yards, 4-3. I then decide to go a bit more rigid, but the game starts and there is 5 mins injury time, once again my player gives them the ball - another player is running towards my goal where he is brought down for a penalty, 4-4. My this point I have no idea what is going on, but before I can do anything my player on a yellow brings their striker down on the edge of the box, red card and a goal from the free kick (from their defensive mid, no goals this season), 5-4 and then I try to make a sub again but the game speeds through the last four minutes.

Scripted.

Hahaha. Seriously this **** game is a farce.

Managed to get this guy for the cheap price of £40m. With Man United throwing £60m at one player, £40m is cheap. Probably the best player in my save right now (year 2027).

qzruxx.jpg

I think for me, the game gets better the longer it goes on. I love seeing lower league teams get taken over and attempt to win the league. Love watching big teams get relegated and fall off the face of the earth.

Managed to get this guy for the cheap price of £40m. With Man United throwing £60m at one player, £40m is cheap. Probably the best player in my save right now (year 2027).

qzruxx.jpg

I think for me, the game gets better the longer it goes on. I love seeing lower league teams get taken over and attempt to win the league. Love watching big teams get relegated and fall off the face of the earth.

I'm guessing you're pretty good at FM? To be able to pay someone £180,000 per week is unreal!

Yeah, the league is either won by me or Man United. I still only have the 3rd biggest wage budget in the league, even with him getting £180k and by best striker getting £200k .

Yeah, the league is either won by me or Man United. I still only have the 3rd biggest wage budget in the league, even with him getting £180k and by best striker getting £200k .

Is there a realistic increase in average wages as there would be in real life by that point?

Finished my first season with the team. I won the league pretty easy. Low amount of losses, but 12 draws. Also scored the most and conceded the least.

257koqh.jpg

Also won us a cup. battered them, but they somehow managed to get me into extra time. Deserved winners in the end.

5ni1.jpg

Some stats for the team.

dyonpu.jpg

Best player by a million miles.

23shnhu.jpg

Special mention. 14 goals and 19 assists (the most assists in the team).

2ccufxu.jpg

B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

The player in the picture was on 73k a week before his new contract. He wanted 200k at first, but managed to get it down. Every player in my squad is on or over 70k per week. The further you get into the game, the more sponsor money you get too. I have to stay competitive to sustain it though, so getting into the top 4 every / winning something is a must.

• Like 1

My best defender (1 month) and striker (3-4 months) get injured. Goal disallowed and they nick it with their 2 shots 2 goals. It happens way too often to me.

10hqgdx.jpg

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

It does. When the CPU wants you to lose, you lose. I lost earlier in the season to West Ham. I had 17 shots, 12 on target (7 one on ones!) and 0 goals. They had 2 shots, 2 on target, 2 goals.

Rage mode.

Picked up the handheld version of this last week cos its cheaper than buying a new laptop. Having a blast so far, just started a new save with Villa and doing reasonably well. Thing is, Okore is causing me problems by feeling homesick. Googled how to cheer him up and it turns out I'm supposed to sign a favoured player. Checked to see who it is......Didier Drogba! Maybe just get some Danish language tv channels eh Jores?

This version must be orders of magnitude easier than the pc version, I've managed to get to December floating around 7-9th place by grinding out a series of McLeish-esque draws and low scoring wins/defeats, the notable exception being a cathartic 5-1 massacre at Anfield :). Also, bizarrely Clark somehow managed to score a hat-trick from open play despite playing as a limited defender and having the team in an ultra defensive set-up. Suarez broke his back or something as well, which was nice.

Things getting pretty interesting in my save. This is now the second tycoon takeover. Accrington are the other team, they're currently storming up the leagues (just been promoted from League 1 after spending £10m).

vnl8ra.jpg

Edited by Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Tekkers really is quality on this. Started a new season with Villa and he's playing up top in a 4-2-3-1 formation and he's banging them in. 33 league games and 29 goals. 7 assists, 10 POTM. Avg 7.59

Surprisingly no-one wants him at the moment though. Usually by December I've got 4 teams interested.

Finally got H&W to the prem. Stadium now 17k with more being added. The aim was to get them to the top, build slowly and win the title/CL. As soon as this is complete, I shall delete the game and get a life.

Lets be honest, no you wont. FM15 is out soon :P

Can't see myself buying it mate. I'm fed up of all the crap that happens in game, when the game seems to decide you have to lose or something just seems so fake. Also weird player movements (your player tackles, takes an age to get up, AI tackles and your player takes an age to get up from it, but they get into a sprint to the ball) third player sub injury... Etc

Edited by dodgyknees

Â