Your targets for 2013-14

OutByEaster?

I always think that targets should be something you aim for rather than something you know you can achieve - always striving for better. To that end;

1) European qualification (either way - cup obviously more attainable)

I think that we will need to do this in order to make sure that we have Tekkers for the season after, and IMO he's integral to our short and medium term future. With Tekkers for another 2 years there isn't much we aren't capable of, and I would fancy us scoring against any team in the premier league on a regular basis. This being said 35mil (complete guess) where there was a Belgian sized space would do well in the hands of Lambo.

2) Concede less than 35 goals

Does what it says on the tin. Concede less. I think our main problem has been from set pieces, these days I expect a goal to be scored from an oppo corner, doesn't matter who they are. Hopefully the additions to th coaching staff in the summer can make a difference to this.

3) Do the baggies. Twice. And Small Heath in a cup if possible.

Edited by AshVillain

1- Finish 12th or Above

2- Top Midlands team

3- Score 50 goals

4- Concede less than 1 per game average (So 38!)

5- Go on another cup run but do it properly this time and beat the League 2 teams!

It would be nice to be top midlands team again, to shut those stupid yamyams up. Top 10 is a good target to aim for, and another cup run which doesnt lead to us commiting suicide against a lower league team again.

I always think that targets should be something you aim for rather than something you know you can achieve - always striving for better. To that end;

1) European qualification (either way - cup obviously more attainable)

I think that we will need to do this in order to make sure that we have Tekkers for the season after, and IMO he's integral to our short and medium term future. With Tekkers for another 2 years there isn't much we aren't capable of, and I would fancy us scoring against any team in the premier league on a regular basis. This being said 35mil (complete guess) where there was a Belgian sized space would do well in the hands of Lambo.

2) Concede less than 35 goals

Does what it says on the tin. Concede less. I think our main problem has been from set pieces, these days I expect a goal to be scored from an oppo corner, doesn't matter who they are. Hopefully the additions to th coaching staff in the summer can make a difference to this.

3) Do the baggies. Twice. And Small Heath in a cup if possible.

Concede less than 35 goals is not going to happen. We will be over that by February!

1. Score 5+ goals from corners
  2. Entertaining football and improved attendances
  3. A trip to Wembley
  4. Deadwood all cleared
  5. Players coming off the bench to have an impact
  6. Fans to be patient after the first month
  7. And back to top team in Midlands would be nice
  • Like 1

Interesting stat from last season -

@WhoScored: Most Premier League goals in 2013: Liverpool 40, Man Utd 36, Chelsea 35, Arsenal 33, Aston Villa 32, Tottenham 30, Man City 28, West Brom 24

Shows that we have goals in us so aims got to be to keep some clean sheets and fancy us for top 10 finish and maybe 7th and Europe? ;-)

I have very moddest hopes, I'm very excited about the season ahead and feel optimistic but my hopes and expectations are really.

- Hope that we'll get a top half finish at the end of the season....it's not a must.

- Expect real solid improvement over last year in every department, solid signs of progress.

- Expect that relegation will pretty much never be a problem throughout the season.

- Expect a better home record.

The expectations are just summarized into showing progression over last season, we have a similar team with some better additions...they all have an added seasons worth of ability so I expect them to pick up and push on from the improved performances at the end of last season.

I'll be disappointed if we don't show solid signs of progression, it's all I'm asking for...even 11th-13th will do as long as we don't spend large parts of this in the relegation zone.  I don't see us as a club that should be fighting to get out of the relegation zone...

Win the FA Cup and qualify for the Champions League (by winning the title) would be very nice as would Benteke saying when linked with Spurs next close season "Why would I consider leaving Villa when I can win so much here?" 

More seriously these days 40 points is the first target and it would be nice to get that with some games to spare for once. More signs of ongoing progress and a solid mid-table season would be OK with me.     

• Like 1

Â