Your targets for 2013-14

OutByEaster?

very good topic and good OP, i think what OBE has mentioned seems reasonable, i also agree with the following...

Top half finish.

Semi of a cup.

60 league goals.

Double over WBA

i cant see us winning a cup just yet, still a very young squad, maybe next season if benteke stays, would be nice to show the baggies that we still have the title of midlands biggest football club

1. First and foremost, positive development. Nothing is certain in football, but luckily the disaster from last season is not hard to beat. We lacked the ability, the tactics, the defensive setup, character and leadership. We had some injuries, some players were just ousted without reason and that must have clearly messed up the group a bit, some players were overplayed and we put out too young a team. This year they will be older and wiser, and although I do not immediately think a young player will be automatically better after a season like that, they at least will play at a more stable level IMO.

2. Defensive stability, something we lacked completely last season. We need clean sheets and we need defenders trusting each other more, something that will create a better foundation for attacking up the pitch. If midfielders are afraid of the defenders' lackluster setup, then they will hesitate going all out in attack and so forth. Lambert tried to apply the pre-historic 3-5-2 setup and it failed miserably, something he didn't change soon enough and it cost us and our players a lot in terms of GD and confidence. Let's get that out of the way this season, no more trying to think he is smarter than everyone else in the league by playing a stupid tactic very few others are using.

3. More goals from midfield. Without these goals we will not finish top 10, easy as that. None of our current midfielders are goalscorers, let's hope Tonev and/or Bacuna can pull a few in. N'Zogbia has goals in him, but he isn't playing at all so how can he? Westwood and Delph needs to rack up 5-6 goals between them as well.

4. Keep Benteke injury-free and rest him once in a while. To get top 10 we need him to play 30+ games as he is four levers above all of our other players, without him and with only let's say Helenius on top we will finish 15th again.

1. Win the League Cup. We need to set the record straight from last season, as well as the fact we've won nothing for 17 years and even SHA have won it this decade.

2. Not have to seriously worry about relegation. I'd be happy with finishing 12/13th if it was a long way clear of the bottom 3 points wise.

3. Get an average attendance of over 37k. I get the feeling fans are right behind Lambert and his exciting signings. Lets pack the park and generate higher income for the club.

• Like 1

By the end of the season:

1) Well clear of the relegation battle.

2) Proof that we are able to attack and score goals without Benteke.

3) Evidence of improved defending as a unit.

And everyone would do well not to have a meltdown if we lose our first 3 games. Anything we get from them is a bonus.

1: Flirt with relegation then win the league within the last 5 games of the season

2: Pump the baggies 11-0 (all courtesy of own goals from every player in their team)

3: Sign Ronaldo as Benteke's boot cleaner

4: Throw a cup of Bovril at Arsene Wenger's coat

5: Chat up a female lino

6: Nick the FA Cup and sell it on eBay

7: Nominate Lambert for Priminister

1.Randy Lerner to attend 40% of Villa Home Games

2.Clean Sheet in 1 in 4 Premier League Games

3. Win 8 home games

..............All realistic targets .....but wouldn't mind betting we don't hit any of them

Top half finish

Very doable in my view. Outside of the top 7 (which I still think is a closed group even before a ball is kicked) I think we have the next tier of sides like Swansea, West Ham, Norwich, Southampton and the Baggies. I don't think it's unreasonable to say we have a chance of coming somewhere between 8th & 10th and I think it would represent a season of great progress as a club if we were to do so. There is nothing for us to be afraid of in that group over the course of an entire season.

Benteke 20 league goals

We have a bona fide star on our hands and a player easily capable of reaching that magic figure. He just missed out last season despite Villa only really clicking after December. A whole season at that standard of play might be just what is needed. Ironically, his task of reaching 20 might be made more difficult by virtue of having such a strong supporting cast. Weimann & Gabby will plunder their fair share too this season which might impact on Christian's league total but I think it's high time someone finally snapped the streak since Peter Withe did it all those years ago. Villa won't care who is scoring the goals once someone is and neither do I to be honest. It'd be nice if he could reach that figure nevertheless.

Home form improvement

Frankly we've been pants at home for too long now. In the past 2 seasons we've won 9 of our 38 home games. Not since the 07/08 season have we won double figures at home and 08/09 was the last time we featured in the top half of the 'home' league table (and that was in 10th place). Last season and the season before, we finished 17th in the home table. So for me a target would be to win at least half of our home games this season. I expect that we will improve given our more possession-based football now. We also look to have signed some players (Tonev in particular) that seem capable of breaking through a stubborn defence (when the poorer sides come and park the bus).

That's that. It would've been too easy to say 'good cup run(s)'. It's almost a cliché now therefore I won't say it. Besides, a 'target' is something you yourself as a club should be in control of. Cup runs take care of themselves. You either get the rub of the green or you don't and it's a reflection on nobody if, for example, you end up getting Man Utd in the third round of the FA Cup.

• Like 2

1. Complete removal of the Bomb Squad so the money can be re-invested into the overall development.of the club

2 A positive goal difference which should hopefully mean we win more than we lose?

3 A noticeable & marked improvement in the defence to give us the confidence to see out games when in a leading position & dare I say it attack even more..

Finish above the baggies as i've made a bet with a bogroll that if we finish above them he has to wear a Villa shirt for a week and if they finish above us then i have to wear a Boggies shirt

Â