Manchester United

BOF

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They've made the decision, they want to bring him back into the fold, but they know it's a PR disaster so they want to have the blessing of the women's team to use a shield against the backlash they'll get when they do it.

If they didn't want to bring him back in they wouldn't bother speaking to the women's team. And they've already had conversations with the sponsors about it, who must have signed off on it for the discussions to continue.

Scum.

Absolutely, If their plan was to get rid they’d have done it months ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Curious as to whether other female members of staff have been/will be asked their opinion on the matter.

I asked a woman what she thinks of it, and she says she has never been in a similar position, so she feels asking her about it is not fair. She then said if they should ask anybody, it's the woman that has suffered what he has done to her. 

Just now, Mic09 said:

I asked a woman what she thinks of it, and she says she has never been in a similar position, so she feels asking her about it is not fair. She then said if they should ask anybody, it's the woman that has suffered what he has done to her. 

I have a suspicion I know what she would say.

I’m just curious as to whether this show of “let’s leave it to the women folk to decide” stance the club appear to have adopted will extend beyond the female playing staff. Or is their opinion sufficiently noteworthy enough to not ask other female staff members.

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I have a suspicion I know what she would say.

I’m just curious as to whether this show of “let’s leave it to the women folk to decide” stance the club appear to have adopted will extend beyond the female playing staff. Or is their opinion sufficiently noteworthy enough to not ask other female staff members.

Funnily, it's one of the other points she made. Why just the players?

As with all things sport these days the sponsors will decide this. I can’t believe they’ll want this bastard associated with their brand and I really don’t think they’re prepared for the backlash of this. You’re going to see social media go **** nuts on this and probably a boycott’s of anyone remotely linked to them.

Then you’ve got the backlash on the actual terraces. This guys going to get all sorts of abuse and probably objects lobbed at him. Personally I hope every single one of them finds it’s target.

For them to put the women’s team in that position is grossly unfair and cowardly but it’s very in keeping with everything we’ve seen from the Glazers so far. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think that’s an unusual response. All the women I have spoken with about it think he should be kicked out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Funnily, it's one of the other points she made. Why just the players?

I will give the club the benefit of the doubt (yeah I know - trying not to laugh ruefully at that thought) and suggest that they will ask other staff but it’s more newsworthy to focus on the women’s team. Or that maybe the women’s playing staff take it upon themselves to discuss it with other female staff and act as a representative voice of female employees.

What are they actually asking the women though? 

The club either believe he has done the things he was accused of in which case surely it’s an easy sacking or they don’t in which case they keep him employed and don’t ask other employees to decide his fate. 

The club have had the opportunity to do something good but are clearly going to hope that their women employees bail them out and support their decision to keep i him. Cowards.

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The club either believe he has done the things he was accused of in which case surely it’s an easy sacking or they don’t in which case they keep him employed and don’t ask other employees to decide his fate. 

The club have had the opportunity to do something good but are clearly going to hope that their women employees bail them out and support their decision to keep i him. Cowards.

I would guess they’re asking them to share training facilities with him and generally be in the same vicinity as him without speaking out about how uncomfortable/unhappy/unsafe they feel.

I doubt they’ll ask them to speak out in support as that would clearly be a step too far and most likely they’ll want to do it as quietly as possible hoping it goes under the radar.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think that’s an unusual response. All the women I have spoken with about it think he should be kicked out. 

But that's the whole point. It's either a professionally dealt situation by a massive corporation, or it's a "let's see what the ladies want to do" type of a deal. 

Sure, most women would make the call to get rid of him.

But that's not the point. The point is, that is not how a gross misconduct situation should be dealt with.

If someone allegedly did this to a woman in an office that you are a manager off, do you deal with it, or do ask the women in the office what they think about it?  

Just now, Mic09 said:

But that's the whole point. It's either a professionally dealt situation by a massive corporation, or it's a "let's see what the ladies want to do" type of a deal. 

Sure, most women would make the call to get rid of him.

But that's not the point. The point is, that is not how a gross misconduct situation should be dealt with.

If someone allegedly did this to a woman in an office that you are a manager off, do you deal with it, or do ask the women in the office what they think about it?  

You deal with it. You don’t ask the victim whether he gets to keep his job which your mate seemed to be suggesting unless I misunderstood.

I think we actually agree for the most part. I just think your friends response was unusual that she couldn’t pass opinion as she had never been in that situation and the victim would be best to give an opinion which is a load of rubbish because domestic abuse victims will often side with their abuser.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You deal with it. You don’t ask the victim whether he gets to keep his job which your mate seemed to be suggesting unless I misunderstood.

I think we actually agree for the most part. I just think your friends response was unusual that she couldn’t pass opinion as she had never been in that situation and the victim would be best to give an opinion which is a load of rubbish because domestic abuse victims will often side with their abuser.

She didn't suggest ask the victim - she said it should be a business decision made from people who run the club, not a random group of people who happen to be women. 

She said if any one person's opinion should matter, it's probably that of the victim. But it shouldn't be brought on her, it should be the management who make the call.

But of course she feels the guy shouldn't be at the club anymore. Like most people do. Personally I feel like that's the right call, and Man United should take a financial hit and get rid off him. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t think they are just asking the women, they might have asked everyone at the club but are now waiting for the female players to return from their summer break.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

'Hi there, how's it going? Thanks for letting us know you don't want Mason around, always nice to get feedback, unfortunately though we don't want to pay him off and take an FFP hit and/or face legal action for constructive dismissal so he's not getting sacked, and anyway Erik has decided he thinks he's a really good wide forward actually so he's not going on loan either. Which, yeah, so that means he's going to be here in the building every day. Yeah. Sorry about that. We understand you're going to let it be known in the media you're not unhappy, we understand that, but to be clear it's not going to change anything. So basically just want to check that you understand the conditions of your contract and that you're not going anywhere and if you won't train or be in the same building as him we'll have to dock your wages. Got it?'

• Sad 1

Â