Manchester United

BOF

We won quite memorably one year, didn't we, when MON was around?

12/12/2009, my 25th birthday.  That was a rather memorable one :)

I was in Borneo when I watched that game! Great memories. Last time before that in the League was 1995 - I was 16! 

I was 10!  I hope we don't have to wait 14 years between every win against them.

We are cursed by them, I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen them come from behind to beat us.

We beat them twice in ten days in 1992.  :thumb:

Was that the two 1-0 victories? Saunders with one and Dalian with the other? I was a fat faced kid in the North Stand in them days  :)

As for me not knowing that Everton bloke, I'm neither old or an Everton fan. Sorry guys  :D

I was just kidding, I didn't know who he was either!  :blush:

Edited by maqroll

They've only got 4 more points at home than we do this season...

In a world of unbelievable / useless stats, that one is definitely of the unbelievable variety. "Theatre of Dreams". Pah!

That is a jaw dropper. I wonder how many of their "fans" will start following Manchester City now?

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

They aren't much worse than Chelsea were a couple years ago to be honest. So it's incredibly unlikely, but in a knockout competition you always have a shot.

Yeah. Liverpool '05, Milan '07 and Chelsea '12 all won it while being very poor (by Champions League standards), but over 2 legs anything can happen really, then certainly the same can be said for a 1 off Final.

I think the current Madrid and Bayern are like the Barca of 4 or so years ago though in that I think they're just too good. Whoever wins when they play each other will win it for me.

They aren't much worse than Chelsea were a couple years ago to be honest. So it's incredibly unlikely, but in a knockout competition you always have a shot.

Yeah. Liverpool '05, Milan '07 and Chelsea '12 all won it while being very poor (by Champions League standards), but over 2 legs anything can happen really, then certainly the same can be said for a 1 off Final.

I think the current Madrid and Bayern are like the Barca of 4 or so years ago though in that I think they're just too good. Whoever wins when they play each other will win it for me.

The difference between Chelsea '12 and this United team is that Chelsea could at least defend. You can not say that about this united, who look awful at the back. Evra looks a shadow of his former self. Rio's past it, Vidic's mind is on his new club, Evans and Jones, not good enough yet, Rafael poor; Christ, i even fancy the Villa's chanes against their defence/.

• Like 1

The difference between Chelsea '12 and this United team is that Chelsea could at least defend. You can not say that about this united, who look awful at the back. Evra looks a shadow of his former self. Rio's past it, Vidic's mind is on his new club, Evans and Jones, not good enough yet, Rafael poor; Christ, i even fancy the Villa's chanes against their defence/.

Yes there's no chance of them winning it. 

Current articles you see when on BBC Sport's Football page:

Moyes hopes win can be turning point

'After so much misery, Moyes deserves best night'

Man United win 'buys Moyes more time'

Van Persie treble inspires United

Is it possible to replace a managerial legend?

5. Surely that's a bit unnecessary?

• Like 1

This. And that Chelsea side massively underachieved in the league, partly through sacking AVB half way through a rebuild and partly through appointing somebody clearly out of his depth. They won all of Europe in spite of everything from above. Through teamwork alone. Quite an achievement IMO.

This United team isn't good enough, in addition to a manager who probably isn't good enough either. Its mind boggling to me that the bookies see them and Atletico Madrid as having the same chance. Both around 16/1. Only one of them has a genuine shot.

Yeah, but the BBC has always given an disproportionate amount of coverage to United.

It might disproportionate compared to the number of other clubs there are but it probably isn't disproportionate if you consider the number of fans they have reading the BBC website, far more than any other club in the country. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

Yeah, but the BBC has always given an disproportionate amount of coverage to United.

It might disproportionate compared to the number of other clubs there are but it probably isn't disproportionate if you consider the number of fans they have reading the BBC website, far more than any other club in the country. 

Was literally just about to say that. The BBC, like pretty much any media, needs to cater for their biggest market segment, which happens to be United fans for football

Yes there's no chance of them winning it. 

Especially now they've drawn Bayern! 

I always thought the BBC website seemed to be more of a Liverpool love-in.

Â