England vs Scotland

TRS-T

roy has said he expects sturridge and carroll to come back in for the October games but lambert wont be struck off his list lightly

**** joker, how about he just picks the in form English strikers in October?

Because it's Hodgson. He has his favourites (mostly Liverpool or ex-Liverpool players) and if you're not one of them then you have no chance. I'm surprised Lambert was even called up in the first place.

Poor overall but I'll take the win. The only stand out moment I can think of is Ricky Lambert, very pleased for him. On the other side of things, Welbeck was incredibly shit tonight (MotM, WTF!?). Couldn't control anything, played a part in both of their goals and generally didn't really contribute. I think Cahill/Jagielka top him for shit though. Scotland played long ball to Miller all night long, on his own, against 2 defenders. And he won every **** ball. Absolutely shocking from that pair, it's really not acceptable, they made him look like Ibrahimovic FFS.

wasnt much of a game, havnt really rated any starting line up since sven, no idea what the game was meant to prove, alot of average kids, bit boring to see as its near enough made of up the 'dross 4'

but still, a win is a win, and what we have proved is that even when we play sh ite, we can still beat the bitter sweaty socks :-)

thought was a great game for a friendly but if being honest neither team are great shakes though was happy for Lambert he showed that some people care about international football and be a travesty if doesnt get another call-up

have said it before and so has Roy Keane but Joe Hart is average and a major accident waiting to happen. he makes a lot of mistakes and seems to get an easy ride. last night wasnt first time 

Welbeck is the new heskey. Picked for no good reason and contribution is minimal. Other than him that's a decent effort from woy.

Englands best player last 2 years is probably the reason. another man of match performance last night

I hate the fact that the England team features so many individuals who are only really squad players at their respective clubs. If you can't get a regular spot in the Manchester United side, then you shouldn't be in the England side either.

Wellbeck, Cleverley, Jagielka, Cahill and Zaha were all rubbish last night. Rooney gets a pardon for lacking match fitness. 

I also thought Walcott's goal was pretty poor, did his best to mess it up with a couple of poor touches prior to his finish.

Welbeck is the new heskey. Picked for no good reason and contribution is minimal. Other than him that's a decent effort from woy.

Englands best player last 2 years is probably the reason. another man of match performance last night

no and no

he's shit, like I posted during the game 6 shots on target in 17 games from an attacking player is an awful stat, he's all over the shop playing pretty much everywhere but where he should be and then like we saw last night it means that he ends up in positions that he shouldn't be in and doesn't really know how to play either that or he's actually incredibly lazy when the opposition has the ball, which the Madrid game suggests isn't the case, his closing down and pressing was pathetic at times, his general touch and passing is poor, but every now and then he does something fancy or hits one good pass and ITV jump all over it instantly forgetting everything that came before, really don't see what he offers that gabby doesn't, other than being a utd player...

cleverly is the same, it was a great pass for walcotts goal, but what about everything else that was shit?

players like Welbeck and Cleverly are young, always give their all for England and unfairly getting abuse. Englands worst player last night was probably Rooney and no real mention of it

players like Welbeck and Cleverly are young, always give their all for England and unfairly getting abuse. Englands worst player last night was probably Rooney and no real mention of it

That was pretty much his first slice of action this season, seriously lacking in match fitness.

That was pretty much his first slice of action this season, seriously lacking in match fitness.

Yep, I also wouldn't agree Rooney was the worst. Both centre backs and Welbeck were far worse. Rooney at least chased things down, Welbeck was Scotland's best player.

Whilst I agree Welbeck was shite I really don't buy the ' only in the team because he plays for united' argument. He gets in the team because Hodgson for whatever reason rates him. International managers are never going to pick players purely on form either so I don't know why people always moan about that.

Â