England vs Scotland

TRS-T

Cleverly and wellbeck are in that same band of manure players like john o Shea,wes brown ,Darren Gibson etc...over rated because who they play for. ...stick these players in a average PL team and they still look average.

• Like 3

If Cleverly played for Fulham, I doubt he would he get in the team.

Funny that the better players tend to be at the better clubs, isn't it  :rolleyes:

Can't believe the amount of people so enthusiastic to slate our country's young players. 'Wilshere's shit. Cleverley's shit...' Yawn. They wouldn't get into Spain or even Belgium's side but that doesn't condone the abuse they are getting. It's ridiculous.

It's hardly like they are preventing an array of talent from playing either. People lambasting Welbeck... Why shouldn't he be playing? I can't name four better English strikers than him. Rooney? Sturridge? Whoever Hodgson picks after these two will draw criticism. Whether its Carroll, Welbeck, Defoe or even Agbonlahor. It's much of a muchness really. Are any of them that good? Seeing Lambert score was a nice moment but ultimately he's 31 and very average. Apart from scoring from a corner he shinned one onto the post and hit a one-on-one straight at the 'keeper. He shouldn't go to Brazil (if we do manage to qualify).

It's a shame, really. I'm not lecturing anyone. I guess it's just a reflection on how distant we as a nation feel from our footballers. Joe Hart is one of the world's best young goalkeepers but he makes a mistake and he's "shit" and people clamour to prove they've "been saying that for years" and never rated him.

I'll remain in the minority and actually be excited by some of the young players we have. We're not going to win a major tournament. But the current players shouldn't be ridiculued just because they're the best players of the weakest generation we've had for a while. 

Besides, is this team really that bad?

Hart

Walker,  Jones,   Smalling, Luke Shaw 

Barkley

Ravel Morrison, Wilshere

Oxlade-Chamberlain,                Sturridge

Rooney

Subs: Forster, Caulker, Gibbs, Rodwell, Cleverley, Will Hughes, Sterling, Zaha, Berahino, Welbeck

Edited by Cizzler

We have several good players, a few competent ones and a few who are very overrated. Some who played last night have poor close control which boggles my mind.

How can they possibly play international football and need 3 touches and lots of room to control the ball? This isn't the odd error either, this is 50% of the time they receive the ball.

we can still beat the bitter sweaty socks :-)

No bitterness on my part. Enjoyable enough game, enjoyed being in the lead for as long as it lasted but I cheered when Lambert scored. A model pro who comes across as a decent bloke and has earned his chance. Roy of the Rovers stuff.

At the end of the day, Scotland weren't disgraced (which I was fully expecting them to be) but I have a suspicion that this was more to do with England playing badly than Scotland playing particularly well.

but he doesnt. their is a reason he and Welbeck play for United and not Fulham

Welbeck plays for United because he comes from Manchester.

but he doesnt. their is a reason he and Welbeck play for United and not Fulham

Welbeck plays for United because he comes from Manchester.

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

yes thats the reason

yeah but most that are rubbish are shipped out by Fergie and most that are shit dont replace one of your star players in biggest game of clubs season and put in a brilliant performance like Welbeck did at Bernabeu 

yeah but most that are rubbish are shipped out by Fergie and most that are shit dont replace one of your star players in biggest game of clubs season and put in a brilliant performance like Welbeck did at Bernabeu 

yeah he was great at the bernabeu, but like I said during the match when people were comparing him and heskey, at least you could see what heskey brought to the team, he wasn't always very good at it but at least he served a purpose

what is it welbeck actually does? he doesn't play up front, he's not a goalscorer (despite his decent England form recently, 6 goals in 17 games) he's not a winger, he's not a midfielder, he showed several times last night he's got the energy to track back and defend but he's not very good at it... he's all a bit pointless IMO and we already have wayne rooney running round being even more pointless so us playing both of them leaves us with really poor shape and more often than not really poor options in the final 3rd because neither of them are where they should be

throw in theo Walcott's chances at finding anyone from a cross and you can see why we really are ****....

roy has said he expects sturridge and carroll to come back in for the October games but lambert wont be struck off his list lightly

**** joker, how about he just picks the in form English strikers in October?

Because it's Hodgson. He has his favourites (mostly Liverpool or ex-Liverpool players) and if you're not one of them then you have no chance. I'm surprised Lambert was even called up in the first place.

You do realise everyone at Liverpool hates him so seems strange he has some sort of soft spot for them rather than say Fulham or West Brom.

As far as I can see there were two Liverpool players involved last night, Gerrard and Glen Johnson on the bench and both those seem obvious picks.

players like Welbeck and Cleverly are young, always give their all for England and unfairly getting abuse. Englands worst player last night was probably Rooney and no real mention of it

Would agree with that. Both actually started a decent number of games last season for the dominant English team and people are always moaning about not enough English players playing in the champions league, Wellbeck of course started both games against Real Madrid.

roy has said he expects sturridge and carroll to come back in for the October games but lambert wont be struck off his list lightly

**** joker, how about he just picks the in form English strikers in October?

Because it's Hodgson. He has his favourites (mostly Liverpool or ex-Liverpool players) and if you're not one of them then you have no chance. I'm surprised Lambert was even called up in the first place.

You do realise everyone at Liverpool hates him so seems strange he has some sort of soft spot for them rather than say Fulham or West Brom.

As far as I can see there were two Liverpool players involved last night, Gerrard and Glen Johnson on the bench and both those seem obvious picks.

Yes I am aware of how Liverpool fans view him, but that doesn't change the fact that Hodgson has a penchant for calling up Liverpool/former Liverpool players, even if they're not very good.

wayne rooney running 

Must have missed that.............

• Like 1

Â