VillaGoMarching

Why is this being reported as £93m then? Surely its £78m plus Contreao. Or are Madrid desperate to break the World Transfer Record again? 

The Ibrahimovic transfer got reported as 69 million pounds when it was really 49 plus Eto'o

because both those transfers are correct the way they were reported.

same as Milner / Ireland.

Milner went for £24m, and at the same time we bought Ireland for £8m.   

It might net off to Milner being sold for £18m + Ireland, but in fact it is 2 totally separate transfers. 

Agent fees, signing-on fees, etc.. are all calculated based on each transfer being a separate deal.

Lloris

Walker- Kaboul-Vertonghen-Contraeo

Sandro- Dembele/Capoue

Lennon/Lamela-Paulinho-Chadli/William

Soldado

Looks good to me that. AVB should be sacked if he can't manage that into the champions league.

Been such a good summer for them if this all comes off. They're also chasing another centre back for what it's worth. Lamela - Paulinho - Willian has the potential to be just as good as Hazard - Oscar - Mata, given time.

I agree, Rose is probably a better defender. If Bale is ahead of you, you don't need a great attacking left back.

It's definitely a team that can compete at the top rather than for 4th anyhoo.

Coentrao has his critics but Danny Rose a better defender?! WTF

The fee stated may also explain why Saints are splashing the cash knowing they've got the thick end of £20m on its way when Bale gets sold. That's Osvaldo's fee and contract paid for thanks Mr Levy.

The fee stated may also explain why Saints are splashing the cash knowing they've got the thick end of £20m on its way when Bale gets sold. That's Osvaldo's fee and contract paid for thanks Mr Levy.

Southampton sold their sell on fee a couple of years back.

I wonder why it's seemingly ok for Spurs to purchase named experienced players and when anyone mentions us doing the same he is pillared from pillow to post? :ph34r:

How many reasons would you like?

Southampton sold their sell on fee a couple of years back.

They didn't sell all of it. The thinking is that instead of getting over £20m they'll get around £9m instead.

I wonder why it's seemingly ok for Spurs to purchase named experienced players and when anyone mentions us doing the same he is pillared from pillow to post? :ph34r:

Are they though? They've only bought Soldado so far who is a big name, and Coentrao if that somehow happens. The rest have been promising young players from abroad, but they also have somewhere in the region of £100m of income on the horizon, so can afford to spend bigger on the more promising players.

I think it might have something to do with the big gulf in quality between the "experienced" players they can attract with their 100M spending, and the ones we can. Do you honestly think people would be against signing Soldado, Paulinho et al? 

Mostly because Spurs are buying good ones.

Soldado > Berbatov

Paulinho / Charlie Adam

They "named" players you have been touting are either a) too old B) not good enough or c) both.

Of course there is also the pesky financial gulf between us and Spurs..... who can happily afford to pay the types of salaries required to encourage them to sign. Benteke last season was on c.£20k p/w. Would Berbatov or Soldado have signed for Villa on that salary? No.

Are Paulinho and Charlie Adam earning more than Westwood,Sylla,KEA and Delph combined? Quite possibly.

Do I need to continue?

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

Because they are on the verge of selling a player who will cover the cost of all their signings.

Would you believe it, that wily old Mr Levy spent £3m to get the sell-on clause removed from his contract a year or so after we bought him!

He was a young player they developed though, so they still get something, I think I read it will be around £2m

Edited by TartarugaJones

Are they though? They've only bought Soldado so far who is a big name, and Coentrao if that somehow happens. The rest have been promising young players from abroad, but they also have somewhere in the region of £100m of income on the horizon, so can afford to spend bigger on the more promising players.

Paulinho, a Brazilian international who starred in their recent confederation cup win isn't established?

Â