Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Gareth, I'm watching GMD on 4oD again... you were right, it has not diminished in comic value at all!

Wrestling. That pisses me off. Also the p key and the return key not working on my phone. :x

^^^^ The p key not working doesn't thrill us either :P

And Gareth I am sure you are not that bad! Real "lardos" never make it to the gym. Just keep up the good work!

No it wouldnt because JR Hartley is his name by using his initials, whereas Day V Lately is the smug idiots stage/band name, its a bit like the bird form 2 unlimited ringing up and asking for no limit and then saying her name is 2 unlimited. Besides of which that song and clip you have found is part of yells marketing and created for the advert.

But don't authors have "pen names".

J R Hartley was probably called Basil Peasbody or something in real life. He could even have been called Dave Lately, or whatever your getting upset about.

^^^^ The p key not working doesn't thrill us either :P

And Gareth I am sure you are not that bad! Real "lardos" never make it to the gym. Just keep up the good work!

Oh, I make it down there alright. Then the following week I think "naaah, I'll leave it a bit". Then a year's gone by and I still haven't gone. Always the way. I need someone to kick my arse to get down there, fortunately the missus has got quite a punt on her.

Gareth, I'm watching GMD on 4oD again... you were right, it has not diminished in comic value at all!

Have you ever watched "Man To Man With Dean Learner"? Very good, somewhat tanked on release though.

No I don't think so! It's still brilliant, so many great lines in it.

Such as my favourite. "I do not believe that any form of life, be it human, animal, or plant, should be hurt in the making of a television programme. So I personally feel really bad about that cat we killed."

"My name is Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D. It's 3 a.m. and it's misty—too misty. And the weatherman had said, and I quote: 'More mist to come'. And once you added that to the mist that was already here, you were looking at a whole mess of mist. I'd been called out to the grounds of Darkplace; it was taking ages because of the mist, though. There was something about this mist. What? I hadn't the foggiest."

Brilliant. Utterly brilliant. The best show ever on TV!? :D

Dagless: What's your name, son?

The Temp: Clive.

Dagless: That's a strange name for an American.

The Temp: I'm from Bermuda.

Dagless: Ohhh, that explains it: British principality.

The Temp: It's actually a dependent territory.

Dagless: What's that?

The Temp: The queen appoints a governor in charge of internal security and external defence, but she's still the de facto sovereign.

Dagless: We have so much to teach each other.

That would kind of take away from the point of it being a throwback to the J.R. Hartley "Fly Fishing" advert.

I was after that book but some old man got the last copy :(

You can get a secondhand copy for £18.50 on Amazon.

51-JmASiDBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:lol:

I don't know why it never dawned on me before.

Sky Sports News isn't really Sky Sports News. It's really Sky "Sports that we show" News. Or "Sky Sports" News instead of Sky "Sports News" :)

That pisses me off because (as usual) it's like nothing outside Skyland exists or is worth reporting on.

That's most media though isn't it? I know that's how it is over here. Completely understandable to be pissed off.

It is nice to see ESPN admitting that the NHL exists (though this may have something to do with them bidding on future rights). For a few years there, you'd be lucky if you got an NHL highlight at the end of SportsCenter...

So all in all Bri, why couldnt you withdraw your own money? What was the reason?
Because I tried to take out all of my money, they treated it as suspicious which is why the account was suspended. They also said my bank wasn't one of the banks that provides the facility for an automatic transfer, which necessitated jumping through the hoops - official docs. Then the registered CC was a previous CC. Eventually I stopped with the emails and just went to their 'live help' on their site and that person got it sorted.

It just gave me the feeling they were making a withdrawal as difficult as they could.

Nothing beats gambling from the US in the days since the death of Neteller in terms of payout difficulties. You get most of the same hoops to jump through (though you're typically doing this on the phone with either a Costa Rican who barely understands/can speak English or a West Indian with the thickest "yah mon" accent imaginable), but then with the added fun of wondering if the book's payment processor is going to be seized by the gummint.

Â