Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On another note

the fact that the girl I'm currently chirpsing has a habit of texting me those "awkward moment" things if something happens to her.

You know like "that awkward moment when you ask what the smell is and you realise it's the person next to you"

That kind of thing.

She's just text me saying "that moment when your boss reminds you you're working on Saturday!"

Good thing she's hot.

I can't stop grinding my teeth, doesn't seem to matter whether I'm conscious or not, though it is worse when I'm sleeping and I lose all control over my mouth (wink wink Stevo). I don't feel particularly stressed out, though when it started a few weeks back I was. I wonder if I'm doing it out of habit now?

Annoying anyway. Sore. Probably should piss me off and does... VT tips? Will get a mouth guard for night but I'd rather find a cure.

Remove caffeine from your diet..

I don't drink enough for it to have an effect. 4/5 cups a week, max.

Coke? energy drinks? cut it all out, Caffeine is a stimulant which will make it more difficult for you to relax your mind and the muscles of your jaw..

Here is a bunch of other stuff, I just picked out the caffeine bit.

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Grinding-Teeth-at-Night

Edited by AVFCforever1991

All cut out except for 4/5 cups of coffee a week, and that's only if I'm working. I've not worked since Thursday either, so no caffeine. Last night was the worst it's been in a while.

Withdrawal?

Thanks, I'll take a look :)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

On another note

the fact that the girl I'm currently chirpsing has a habit of texting me those "awkward moment" things if something happens to her.

You know like "that awkward moment when you ask what the smell is and you realise it's the person next to you"

That kind of thing.

She's just text me saying "that moment when your boss reminds you you're working on Saturday!"

Good thing she's hot.

Lets hope she doesn't progress on to "as if..."

eg. "As if some guy just came up to me and told me I could be a modool?"

People who pronounce GIF with a hard G.

Here we go.

The "G" stands for "graphic(al)", no? That starts with a hard "G".

"Jif" = lemon juice (or cleaning stuff, Cif).

The pun in pronouncing it with a soft G (which is the proper pronunciation, per the inventor of the format) arises from a peanut butter advert from the 80s ("Choosy moms choose Jif").

There's only one pronunciation

He is proud of the GIF, but remains annoyed that there is still any debate over the pronunciation of the format.

“The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations,” Mr. Wilhite said. “They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.’ End of story.”

Also: the Joint Photographic Experts Group was, about the same time (they first met up before Compuserve developed GIF, but did not publish a standard until some years later) developing a format that would be called JIF (JPEG Interchange Format), but elected to change it (first to JFIF with the added F being for File) and then just JPEG.

The pronunciation of the words underlying an acronym has no bearing on the pronunciation of the acronym. Examples:

AIPAC (America Israel Political Action Committee) is pronounced A-pack, not Ah-I-pack

NASA - neither "A" is pronounced as in the expansion (National Aeronautics & Space Administration)

It's NATO, not Nah-toe

Scuba is not pronounced scuh-bah

Unicef not Unichef

Of course most examples of shifting pronunciation for acronyms are vowels, but that's because most consonants don't offer the choice of pronunciation.

Edited by leviramsey
  • Like 1

On another note

That kind of thing.

Good thing she's hot.

Lets hope she doesn't progress on to "as if..."

eg. "As if some guy just came up to me and told me I could be a modool?"

Girl I know does that.l. but she puts it as 'asif'. I usually respond by saying who the **** is Asif? She doesn't get it. 

People who pronounce GIF with a hard G.

Here we go.

The "G" stands for "graphic(al)", no? That starts with a hard "G".

"Jif" = lemon juice (or cleaning stuff, Cif).

The pun in pronouncing it with a soft G (which is the proper pronunciation, per the inventor of the format) arises from a peanut butter advert from the 80s ("Choosy moms choose Jif").

There's only one pronunciation

He is proud of the GIF, but remains annoyed that there is still any debate over the pronunciation of the format.

“The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations,” Mr. Wilhite said. “They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.’ End of story.”

Also: the Joint Photographic Experts Group was, about the same time (they first met up before Compuserve developed GIF, but did not publish a standard until some years later) developing a format that would be called JIF (JPEG Interchange Format), but elected to change it (first to JFIF with the added F being for File) and then just JPEG.

The pronunciation of the words underlying an acronym has no bearing on the pronunciation of the acronym. Examples:

AIPAC (America Israel Political Action Committee) is pronounced A-pack, not Ah-I-pack

NASA - neither "A" is pronounced as in the expansion (National Aeronautics & Space Administration)

It's NATO, not Nah-toe

Scuba is not pronounced scuh-bah

Unicef not Unichef

Of course most examples of shifting pronunciation for acronyms are vowels, but that's because most consonants don't offer the choice of pronunciation.

I rest my case, m'lud.

EDIT: And yes, I know that G does "offer a choice" - but not in a given word. It's graphic, it cannot be jraffic.

Edited by mjmooney

I rest my case, m'lud.

G however is not a normal consonant.

There is no case which stands up to scrutiny for pronouncing GIF with a hard "G".

Â