Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The Police persecuting a guy for flashing his lights to warn other motorists that there was a Police with a speed camera around the corner.

1. He was doing his public duty and warning people.

2. How have they got time to do this unless they think detective work is all over now as Facebook is there new friend ?

3. If that bloke sees a BMW outside a bank next week with 3 guys putting on balaclavas what's the chances of him calling the filth ?

4. The Police are committing theft IMO, maybe he should have called Crimestoppers.

5. How can they prove it, there is no law against testing ones lights as far as I know or someone may have had there main beam on coming the other way. Good driving in my book.

The Police persecuting a guy for flashing his lights to warn other motorists that there was a Police with a speed camera around the corner.

2. How have they got time to do this unless they think detective work is all over now as Facebook is there new friend ?

3. If that bloke sees a BMW outside a bank next week with 3 guys putting on balaclavas what's the chances of him calling the filth ?

4. The Police are committing theft IMO, maybe he should have called Crimestoppers.

5. How can they prove it, there is no law against testing ones lights as far as I know or someone may have had there main beam on coming the other way. Good driving in my book.

can you tell us more about this story?

i always warn on-coming traffic if i pass a speed cop.

can you tell us more about this story?

i always warn on-coming traffic if i pass a speed cop.

Try here :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-12115179

The tedious new guy at my running club, and his Facebook status updates:

"He who sedulously attends, pointedly asks, calmly speaks, coolly answers and ceases when he has no more to say is in possession of some of the best requisites of man".

I'm fighting the urge to reply "Shut the **** up, then".

Un-friend job, I think.

"He who sedulously attends, pointedly asks, calmly speaks, coolly answers and ceases when he has no more to say is in possession of some of the best requisites of man".

Un-friend job, I think.

Please tell him to "shut the **** up!" please please please

1. Is it?

2. Don't understand

3. true

4. Utter rubbish

5. Very true

Stupid thing for the police to do.

Un-friend job, I think.

Thing is, he's a big bloke, ex-military, bangs on endlessly about his post-traumatic stress thingy (not belittling this at all, but if you knew him I guarantee you wouldn't be impressed) and I actually think he could be a borderline psycho.

Better simply to avoid rather than confront, probably.

It stinks to high heaven.

The Police tell us that cameras are about safety, not revenue generation.

Therefore the reason that speed cameras are there is to slow people down, not to catch them speeding. That's why GATSOs are painted bright yellow, people see them, they slow down, everybody is happy.

There is a spot near my house where a mobile speed trap is set up on a semi regular basis. I always warn other drivers to slow down if it's there and I will continue to do so. I cant possibly see how warning other drivers to slow down is an offence, and I would be willing to go to court over it.

Therefore the reason that speed cameras are there is to slow people down, not to catch them speeding. That's why GATSOs are painted bright yellow, people see them, they slow down, everybody is happy.

There is a spot near my house where a mobile speed trap is set up on a semi regular basis. I always warn other drivers to slow down if it's there and I will continue to do so. I cant possibly see how warning other drivers to slow down is an offence, and I would be willing to go to court over it.

It can't be an offence as far as I know. Just listened to 2 current old bill on the radio who said most old bill cringe at stuff like this. What with them moaning about cuts to the force they still have the time to do this bloke. I hope they never need my help for anything. Still at least they can find a flasher, just not murderers it seems.

Un-friend job, I think.

Thing is, he's a big bloke, ex-military, bangs on endlessly about his post-traumatic stress thingy (not belittling this at all, but if you knew him I guarantee you wouldn't be impressed) and I actually think he could be a borderline psycho.

Better simply to avoid rather than confront, probably.

Only in times of extreme danger and very real threat of getting filled in must you use the following tactic...

kick him in the nuts and run!

The bold sums it up for me.

We all kknow they're REALLY for revenue generation, but if the police use the line that they're for safety then this guy was doing absolutely nothing wrong.

My only query would be it was a speed trap was it not? (i.e. a copper with a speed gun) not a speed camera.

Can they pass off a speed trap as being for a different purpose than safety? i.e. can they say the speed trap IS to catch speeding motorists?

Doesn't make it right at all, but could be a way around it.

They are usually vans with cameras in. There is often one at the top of the A47 collector road, in the layby before the island at the Kitts Green/Kingshurst end. The vans tend to hit the same spots over and over again, and where I live (Warwickshire) the police have been know to put an advert in the local paper telling people where the mobile speed cameras will be.

If you ever find yourself driving into Nuneaton from Birmingham and you take the local roads rather than the motorway (you should its five miles shorter) then about once a month you will see one of these vans on the B4114 Coleshill Road by the shops in Ansley Common. I dont know how many people that gets, but its been there regularly for six or seven years so it must make plenty of money or they would move it. I will continue to warn people when it's there though.

Â