Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I would love to see Depp do more than he has been for ages. His work with Burton ranges from very good to mediocre, in my opinion. He clearly has the ability to win academy awards if he diversifies and makes better choices. I guess he has his own motivations, though.

That reminds me too, I started reading The Rum Diary a few months back but didn't finish it. Will definitely start it again soon then watch the film, though. Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is quite possibly my favourite book, and the film is great; although I did hear mixed reviews of The Rum Diary, more negative than positive.

although I did hear mixed reviews of The Rum Diary, more negative than positive.

Each to their own, Mike obviously enjoyed it, but I thought it was a fairly poor film and not one of Depps best performances. Paul Kemp is supposed to be a hard drinker yet Depp never really appears drunk and shows little emotion when he should be angry or scared, which I got from the book.

I kind of get what donnie means about him, he is frustrating but he does generally make films better than they should be. However his voice over for When You're Strange is really bad and becomes annoying.

Depp's performances and the films he appears in can be quite different. Sleepy Hollow for example. Not a particularly brilliant film, but Depp I thought was very good in it as Ichabod Crane :)

Tom Daly

word removed

Everytime I see him I want to kick his stupid midget like face in.

Putting the recent unpleasantness to one side for a moment, gotta agree with this.

Also, watching the opening ceremony on Friday night and the camera's continuously focussed on him, there's 500+ other competitors FFS!!!

The Beeb's promo for the diving was nauseating, where they played Kate Bush's "Man with the child in his eyes" as Daley slowly lifts himself from the pool and looks into the camera. I thought to myself "I hope you hit your f**king head on the diving board".

A better Kate Bush song to play for Daley would have been "There Goes a Tenner":

Okay, remember.

Okay, remember

That we have just allowed

Half an hour

To get in, do it, and get out.

The sense of adventure

Is changing to danger.

The signal has been given.

I go in.

The crime begins.

My excitement

Turns into fright.

All my words fade.

What am I gonna say?

Mustn't give the game away.

We're waiting.

We're waiting.

We're waiting.

Depp's performances and the films he appears in can be quite different. Sleepy Hollow for example. Not a particularly brilliant film, but Depp I thought was very good in it as Ichabod Crane :)

I loved Depp in From Hell

Seconded! Ace film!!

That's my point. The films aren't always ace. I agree that 'From Hell' is good though, helped by the always wubbly Heather Graham :)

Donnie Brasco is my all time favourite Depp performance. The film isnt even that great but Depp's and Pacino's performance make an average film, fantastic.

He really, and I mean REALLY, stunk the joint out with public enemies.

Never EVER been more disapointed in a film then that one. Depp was truly awful

Donnie Brasco is my all time favourite Depp performance. The film isnt even that great but Depp's and Pacino's performance make an average film, fantastic.

Totally agree. It did back up what i've always said about Michael Mann though. He's a good director but really struggles to direct people.

Totally agree. It did back up what i've always said about Michael Mann though. He's a good director but really struggles to direct people.

Collateral on the other hand is brilliant, and not forgetting Heat which is one of my favourite films...truely outstanding!

Not seen Miami Vice, any good?

Collateral on the other hand is brilliant, and not forgetting Heat which is one of my favourite films...truely outstanding!

Yeah i agree collateral was outstanding and the disgracefully underated tom cruise was brilliant. Heat is one of my favourite movies of all time.

Miami Vice was savaged by the critics, ive not seen it so can not comment. However, he made such a mess of public enemies. His directing style just did not work. However, depp gave one of the worst performances ive seen from an elite actor. Its like he has forgot how to act, and is stuck in his over the top Jack Black character in his recent movies.

Real shame, cause like I said he should have been the ATG actor of our generation. We only have Daniel Day Lewis (from the last 10 years) who called be called an ATG

Yeah i agree collateral was outstanding and the disgracefully underated tom cruise was brilliant. Heat is one of my favourite movies of all time.

Miami Vice was savaged by the critics, ive not seen it so can not comment. However, he made such a mess of public enemies. His directing style just did not work. However, depp gave one of the worst performances ive seen from an elite actor. Its like he has forgot how to act, and is stuck in his over the top Jack Black character mode in his recent movies.

Real shame, cause like I said he should have been the ATG actor of our generation. We only have Daniel Day Lewis (from the last 10 years) who called be called an ATG

Â