Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who quite happily sit in an office texting people on a shitty old phone which beeps for every letter you put in, then they send the text and oh you hear their message tone, followed by another 2-3 minutes of beeping replying to them!

They should **** off and change the settings in their phone and respect other people who are trying to work!

The fact that unless your a visitor from another teams forum or your in the select group of about 10 posters on the main forum then unfortunately you don't get to discuss the main topics properly and anything you do post gets left at the wayside.
Usually I'm about to respond to you but then I read your sig and think "no, screw you, I like how my mother dresses me".
:)

Not remembering things!

I've had to buy a diary so I can remember when I have holidays/ events planned.

My memory has been terrible for years and I'm only 25. This shouldn't happen! Surely?

We already spoke about this a few pages back.

The fact that unless your a visitor from another teams forum or your in the select group of about 10 posters on the main forum then unfortunately you don't get to discuss the main topics properly and anything you do post gets left at the wayside.

I wouldn't worry about that Ingram. I think on the main forum people only get responded too if they chat utter crap. The fact no-one responds to you is probably because you make a valid and true point and you are not an attention seeking turnip.

There are a few trolls on the main forum. That is normal for any forum whether it has subjects on footy, sex or religion and trolls always shout louder for attention.

I will follow every post if you wish with the words: "I agree with Ingram!" for a bit.

Think I'll just stick to the 'Kit thread' as sometimes you can get what passes for a decent conversation in there. Even if it is about how black socks are more traditional than claret ones but we have more success in blue socks.

Usually I'm about to respond to you but then I read your sig and think "no, screw you, I like how my mother dresses me".
:)

:D

In fairness Mike, if you drive a BMW X6 (specifically the X6) you are a tosser with no clue.

As for the Juke, that's just the ugliest car on the road bar none - and I include the Ssangyong Rodius in that. No issues with the Focus though.

I've recently got myself a ford focus.

Decent, 'safe' vehicle. Got a nice DAB car stereo put in there.

A step up from the ford FA go-kart i used to drive!

In fairness Mike, if you drive a BMW X6 (specifically the X6) you are a tosser with no clue.

As for the Juke, that's just the ugliest car on the road bar none - and I include the Ssangyong Rodius in that. No issues with the Focus though.

Surely this is up there....

2012-Fiat-Doblo.jpg

And to be fair, I judge people by their license plates (think I mentioned it in the early pages of this thread).

Don't care what the car is, but the moment I see a personalised number plate I (inwardly) sneer. Which I realise is unreasonable, but I can't help it. And I expect several of my fellow VTers have them!

And to be fair, I judge people by their license plates (think I mentioned it in the early pages of this thread).

Don't care what the car is, but the moment I see a personalised number plate I (inwardly) sneer. Which I realise is unreasonable, but I can't help it. And I expect several of my fellow VTers have them!

Sneer away I say. For the price of putting a starving African child and its family through university you get to flaunt your questionable taste with witty plates.

In the grand scheme of buying a car, £250 for a personalised number plate isn't a huge amount of money. It's just another accessory like having larger wheels etc.

It is a stupid purchase, no doubt about it, but so is pretty much every luxury good out there.

FWIW, I have one, was bought as a present for me, though I wouldn't ever fork out the money for one myself.

again, agreed Moonster.

Generally, Personalised number plate = prick.

You could say that about anything though?

clothes which aren't the cheapest, beer when there's water etc etc.

I don't have one, but most of the people I do know who have them, the plates are given as presents and stuff.

You could say that about anything though?

clothes which aren't the cheapest, beer when there's water etc etc.

I don't have one, but most of the people I do know who have them, the plates are given as presents and stuff.

This is it for me.

The one I was bought (as a present) was picked up for about £100, (it's not a particularly special one) which makes it cheaper than the average watch.

In the scheme of car add ons, it cost about the same amount of money as putting leather on the steering wheel.

It is unnecessary, but so is pretty much everything we buy.

I wonder what the percentage breakdown is between private plates designed to be witty/cool and private plates designed solely to hide the age of the car.

And irreverentad, the Doblo is alright in that it's not really trying. It's based on a van and is functional. The Juke is trying to be cool, stylish and funky. It's horrendous.

It may be due to my incomprehension for 'car love' generally. I often see a really flashy car (inevitably with vanity plates) parked outside a crappy little house. My priorities would be the other way round - any spare cash would go into getting a nicer house, at the expense of having an old banger of a car.

But I do appreciate that not everybody feels the same way.

I would actually be embarrassed to have an "MJM 1" type plate, and if somebody gave me one as a present, I'd sell it and spend the money on books and CDs!

I must admit that I bought my car (as new) a few years ago, before I had a house or aspirations of going travelling.

I wouldn't dream of a) buying a new car or B) wasting money on a private number plate these days.

I'd much sooner spend the £100 on taking the other half away for a weekend. But priorities change, and I wouldn't say i regret spending a large amount of money on a car when I did, I just wouldn't do it now.

Â